2 weeks post op and feeling great!!!

nikki469
on 10/30/14 7:50 pm
VSG on 10/17/14

So I had my sleeve on October 17th 2014 with Dr. David Chengelis at Beaumont Royal Oak hospital in Michigan. I wanted to give a preview of my journey so far for the up and coming. So my pre-op diet consisted of 4 protein replacement shakes and 1 500 calorie meal a day. The shake I chose to use was Isagenix. I did three of those a day, due to the fact that they were higher in calories. And usually did some moist meat and green vegetables for dinner. So within the 2 week pre-op diet I lost 14lbs. I'm telling you that was not easy. Its based off pure will power, but you will get through it. Finally my surgery date was there, and I was excited but also terrified. I went through this depression the day before because I felt pathetic. Like why do I have to do this to my self all because I cant keep the fork out of my mouth? Then it hit me. I'm not doing this to be skinny, or because I don't like the way I look. I'm doing this to be healthy. So anyway, the surgery went well. I loved the pre-op drugs. I was high as a kite and cracking jokes and before I knew it, I was in my room with my loved ones. I came out of the OR burping like you wouldn't believe. Surprisingly, I had no pain. That may have been due to the PCA pump I had. I didn't have a sore throat but I was really raspy. They didn't give me anything by mouth but ice chips. And the anesthesia bladder is weird. Its like I could feel I had to pee but couldn't get it out, eventually I did with no catheter needed. Finally I was discharged and home the next evening. Feeling weak and tired and sore. But the pain I felt was like I did 500 crunches. It wasn't like sharp, or throbbing. It was actually very tolerable. Then about the drinking. It was very difficult to get my fluids in day 1-3. I kept having this pain, that I never felt before after drinking and I just kind of avoided it. Which isn't good. Then I talked to my friend on the phone (who happens to be a nurse), I told her about my pain and she said "burp". I did and I got instant relief. So after that I slowly worked my self up to the 40oz recommended and felt a lot better. I went for my 10 post op yesterday and I have lost 20lbs since the surgery and couldn't be happier. I don't regret a thing. I know this was lengthy, but I hope it helped you. Good Luck future sleevers!

tracywag
on 10/30/14 10:43 pm

Thank you for the details, it helps.  Two weeks away!  Woo hoo!

nikki469
on 10/30/14 11:24 pm
VSG on 10/17/14

Congrats and I'm glad I could help. Saving you a seat on the loser's bench.

Luvmygs
on 10/31/14 12:44 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Nikki, thank you so much for your post and congratulations on your sleeve! I'm due for surgery on Dec 4th and appreciate all the positive surgery successes. Good luck on your journey. Christine

Tracy D.
on 10/31/14 1:35 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Welcome to the loser's bench, Nikki!   Glad to hear you're doing well and already have so much success :-) 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 10/31/14 3:52 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm glad things are going so well!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active