Tmi post only for ladies

TexasPrincess08
on 10/30/14 1:00 am
VSG on 09/15/14

Ok ladies TMI post here, but did anyone get a rash or I guess it's a friction burn down below where your thigh meets your lady parts. I'm guessing it's from rubbing, but not sure exactly what it is. I decided to document it so I could possibly have my plastics covered for later on if I needed it. 

vsg_joanna
on 10/30/14 1:53 am

Yes- I used to get that all the time! Couldn't wear skirts or shorts or even tights was painful. That being said- I now have 0 issues with this! However, I highly doubt that insurance would use this as a valid excuse for plastics. Even skinny women get this sometimes (I had a tiny friend that got "chub rub") depending on how their thighs/hips are shaped.

TexasPrincess08
on 10/30/14 1:55 am
VSG on 09/15/14

Yeah. What did u do to help prevent it cause it's pretty painful. 

civilmomma
on 10/30/14 3:00 am, edited 10/30/14 3:01 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Ok - so it could be chaffing OR it could be a moisture rash/yeast rash where the skin isn't breathing well.

There are creams to prevent chaffing (monistat makes a chaffing cream, there are also things that runners use as well).  http://www.monistat.com/products/complete-care/chafing-relief-powder-gel

If it is a moisture/non-breathing skin thing - try keeping it dry with powders, try different fabric undergarments or different cuts of underwear to see if you can keep skin off skin better.  sleep in loose fitting clothes to give it space to breathe.  try a diaper rash cream too (mom of 2...I've used the baby's cream on my own issues).

I went through a phase of weird red rash in/near my belly button area when my belly fat/skin was folding over a certain way and trapping moisture in there.  it resolves as my shape continued to change.

if the rash is persistent - try a topical antifungal cream to knock out any yeast.  babies can get yeast diaper rashes...so I figure grownups can too.

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

ElizaM
on 10/30/14 3:57 am
VSG on 07/24/14

If it's chafing that's bothering you, I buy shortlettes to wear under my skirts and dresses. These are the best I've found. Sooooooooo comfortable. They look like shapewear but they're not. I'm wearing tights until spring, when I'll invest in a new pair that fit. 

32F 5'8" High weight: 432 | Consult weight: 396 | Surgery weight: 335 | Current weight: 170

weeziebeth
on 10/30/14 8:15 am

While short-iived rashes or irritations will not get plastics covered-persistant ones will. Log everything (photos, dr visits, meds, etc) to use if/when this is a long-term persistent problem I would not wish that for you, even if it did make plastics covered....but if it continues, better to have the documentation. 

TexasPrincess08
on 10/30/14 8:17 am
VSG on 09/15/14

I'm not really 100% worried about plastics lol I've just read that it's a good idea to do. While losing weight. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views