You CAN lose your excess weight no matter how far post op you are

Zee Starrlite
on 11/4/14 1:09 pm, edited 11/4/14 1:12 pm

No magic to it!  You've got to buckle down, straighten up, fly right - no excuses!!!!  . . . But you've got to be ready.  You have got to want the weight off more than your next "fix" of food.

When I posted asking for help here I knew exactly what I needed to do.  The real deal is I was not willing to do what was required for the result I desired.  I wanted to eat and I was not willing to give up what pleasured or comforted me in the very short run.

I had WLS  to lessen my chances of becoming diabetic.  I had WLS because I could find no way to be active without excruciating knee pain.  I wanted out of the rut I was in, and wish granted - how dare me throw that away!  I do not want to blow the blessings.  Life is short and I do not want to grow old longing for the life I could have lived.  I refuse to selfishly be consumed by my eating and weight.  I can stop if I choose. It's time to get it right.  It is time to eat for nutrition and health.

No, we are not robots, as long as we are living life will not be still.  We will experience things that will drop us to our knees and everything in between.  The thing is that there are people who stay trim & fit through it all - the highs, the lows.  We must learn other means of self soothing if food is our automatic "go to" thing. We must love ourselves enough to make better choices and to reach out for help when we need to.

For today I dropped the pretzels lol,  I am logging every morsel that goes in my mouth, am moving more, drinking water, reading and listening to lots of motivational information.

Simply put I am following post-op instructions 100% because 80% will not get me what want right now.

Protein first, non starchy vegetables/fruits second . . .and complex carbs if space . Lots of water and activity.  

People who have not had weight loss surgery lose weight.  So there is no doubt that we who are years out CAN lose excess weight whenever we want. No piece of cake but if we decided to lose, we can!  We are not hopeless.  We need not throw in the towel. We just need to do the work.

Best to you all.  I am so glad that I am back in the game.  I will post updates and I am here for anyone who wants me :)

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Gail D.
on 11/4/14 1:47 pm

I'm right there with you, Layla. I'm kicking myself in the butt and recommitting to get this thing done. 

Tracy D.
on 11/5/14 12:22 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Way to go, Layla!  You go kick that regain right in the ass 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Gwen M.
on 11/5/14 1:19 am
VSG on 03/13/14

So true.  And our tool never goes away :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Ms Shell
on 11/5/14 3:09 am - Hawthorne, CA

Yup!!

Most Active