HOW DOES IT REALLY FEEL VETS.....

Kim N.
on 11/7/14 10:12 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

Please tell me ~ When you have reached goal......

Do you actually feel lighter?

Do you surprise yourself when you can see both sides of the seat on a chair?

Do you gasp when you just bend your head and see your feet?

Do you smile in the mirror when you finally can see your neck?

Do you laugh when you put on your shoes and they slip off?

Do you cry once in a while when you realize you are just a fraction of the person you used to be?

Please share with me and others so we know what little milestones we have to look forward to.  Surgery for me is only 1 month away and all I do is daydream of reaching those goals

BorderCollieMama

Laura in Texas
on 11/7/14 10:18 pm

Quite honestly, all of those things were overwhelming to me when I first reached goal, so be prepared. I am 6 years out and have been at goal for 5 years now. I finally feel like this is my "new normal".

Good luck in your journey!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Kim N.
on 11/8/14 2:26 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Congratulations Laura on maintaining.  I don't want to wish my life away, but just the thought of being healthier and thinner in a year is still such a dream....

BorderCollieMama

Dee R.
on 11/7/14 10:20 pm - CA

Love this post!!  I'm two weeks away from my new life.  TOTALLY excited.  I look forward to seeing the answers to this.  I daydream about all these things too. 

November18
on 11/7/14 10:50 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

I have another one to add! I want to be able to put my own socks and shoes on without struggling. Flying home from New Orleans last week was so embarrassing when I couldn't get my peds and shoes back on after security check. Also, fitting in hat plane seat without feeling like a stuffed sausage!! These final days are going slowly though. Day 5 of pre-op. Feels like day 55!!! I'm obsessed with these posts!

Bonnie

Kim N.
on 11/8/14 2:24 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Please keep in touch.  It would be wonderful to talk to each other when each milestone is reached.  Good Luck on your surgery!  Isn't it exciting :)

BorderCollieMama

amyvsg6614
on 11/7/14 10:55 pm
VSG on 06/06/14

I am about 5 months post op and feel like a totally different person already!! I can bend over and paint my toe nails without suffocating.. I can wear cute clothes now and actually want to look in the mirror and not dread it.. I can run up the stairs to my 3rd floor apt without almost dying..  I do not hide from cameras anymore! You will feel amazing post op.. Just get through the food stages of hell and the healing process and you will feel AMAZING! 

Kim N.
on 11/8/14 2:35 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Food stages of Hell ~ that's hysterical...I am soooo looking forward to looking decent in clothes.  I was never a picture person BUT I bet I'll become one :)  Thanks for your reply!

BorderCollieMama

JenWild
on 11/8/14 12:38 am

I'm 6 weeks post op, and while I'm excited that I'm losing weight, I still feel kind of crappy.  I hope that I start feeling better soon, and am able to eat more (only still 2 or 3 bites).  Thanks for posting this! I hope more people chime in with their thoughts!

HW: 251  SW:235.5  CW: 222  GW: 135

Kim N.
on 11/8/14 2:32 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Hi Jen ~

I keep telling myself that the surgery and all the crappy feeling will feel like when you have a baby.  After a while you just don't remember how bad it hurt and you enjoy what came with all that pain....Get better and take care!

BorderCollieMama

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views