2 Weeks Post-Op

Lmo2291
on 11/4/14 8:14 pm

Hi All! I'm just about 2 weeks post-op. I've been feeling great, went back to work on Monday. The past few days i've been having a little pain on my left side when i'm up and about but when i sit it goes away and then when i sit i have a little bit of pain in my left shoulder. The pain comes and goes, no fever or anything. Should I be concerned about a leak? It's not unbearable pain, more discomfort but i'm a worry wart so I immediately think the worst! 

What were you're post-op experiences like? Thanks!!

parkmanmom
on 11/5/14 12:23 am - OH

Hi, congratulations! I will be 2 weeks post-op tomorrow. I'm feeling much better now than last week and can only expect to improve with each week. I do still have some pain in the incisions, especially the big one where they took the stomach out of. I can only assume it's normal and don't take any pain meds, I just try not to slump when I sit or put pressure on it. I would imagine your pain is normal but I'd mention it to your Dr. just to make them aware and they can check it at your next check up. Good luck to you and congrats on your surgery!

Lmo2291
on 11/5/14 2:30 am

Thank you!! Tomorrow is my official 2 week mark as well :) thanks for your input, I'm sure it's just normal pain. I feel almost back to normal so I forget that I just had major surgery and pains are expected! Congrats to you ask well. Best of luck!!

Gwen M.
on 11/5/14 1:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

The shoulder pain is likely from the gas working its way out of your body still.  Walk as much as you can and it should ease up eventually.  The side pain is probably from where the muscles were stitched after stomach removal.  It'll also pass :)

But ask your surgeon to be sure!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Lmo2291
on 11/5/14 2:31 am

Thank you!!! That's what I was hoping everything was but I worry anyway :) 

Most Active