If we never faced adversity, our well-being would not be as sweet. - Terry Kellog

MayPenGirl
on 11/5/14 9:41 pm - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

Is there a persistent problem plaguing you? Does it seem to just loom over your head waiting to swoop down and devour you? Is it a money problem? A relationship? A choice or decision you can’t seem to make? Do you feel as if you have been backed into a corner with no way out? Good! That is exactly where you need to be! Now take your mind off the problem and laugh. That’s right, laugh. Stare adversity in the face. Stop trying to figure out what to do. You are probably thinking this is your punishment for something you did in the past. Or maybe you think it’s some more of your “bad luck.” Well, just throw those thoughts out of your brain and replace them with “I know there is a power for good in the universe and I call that power forth right now to perfect every condition in my life.” But of course this sounds too easy, too good to be true. You want it to be hard, right? Well, here’s something hard for you to work on, “Be ye transformed by the renewal of your mind!”

Just for today I will laugh in the face of adversity.   – Iyanla Vanzant

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Most Active