mixed emotions!

Aime-kay
on 11/6/14 8:36 pm

Hey all. I got a call from my surgeon office and informed me my surgery date is November 18th. I was all over the whole protein diet and scheduling things post op and what not. But all of a sudden I have a feeling that my heart is sinking. I feel like crying. I am excited about a healthy life ahead which I always dreamt of. But something is dying inside. Please HELLLPPP me! :(

lfenix
on 11/6/14 9:11 pm
VSG on 10/27/14 with

A friend of mine who had the sleeve done last year told me that I would grieve the loss of my fat self. I still think that sounds crazy, because I have hated my fat self, but I think it'd true. You are permanently changing your lifestyle and that is a loss of sorts.  Go ahead and let yourself feel it, but realize that the old way of living has imprisoned you in layers of fat, and you deserve to be set free from that life.  Sometimes we want to stay with the familiar even if it's bad because we fear change and the unknown, but trust me, you will be glad you did it and your new life will make the old unhealthy lifestyle look like the prison it truly is.

Be strong and have courage.

54, Height 5'2", HW 229 PreOp Diet SW 220  Surg W 214 (10/27/14) GW 135 CW 192

Aime-kay
on 11/7/14 12:37 am

Thanks for the support Ifenix. You are right. It's most probably the struggle of changing my life style that's bothering me the most at the moment. I hope everything goes well.

Kim N.
on 11/6/14 10:30 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

Hi Aime ~

1st CONGRATS on your surgery date.  If you want to cry, go ahead.  Consider it a fat funeral!  Because I bet in exactly 1 year from today you will be posting that your still crying because now your so damn happy you can't stand it.  Food has taken total control over our lives for so long, now is OUR time to take control over our own lives.  Even if it's with a little help from a tiny banana in us instead of a huge football.  GOOD LUCK to you and I can't wait to read your post a month from your surgery date .....

Kim

BorderCollieMama

Aime-kay
on 11/7/14 1:46 am

Thanks Kim. Can't wait to write the one month post op experience :) I hope time flies by soon. And wow.. Food funeral is the right word : D

DragonTear25
on 11/6/14 10:53 pm

I feel like that is perfect normal.  It is scary to think about how your "comfortable" life is going to have change completely.  It takes great courage to have the surgery and I know you will be happy about it once it is done.  Trust me your new life will become comfortable also.  The process of getting the surgery is very overwhelming,  it is also a huge realization once you get a surgery date that this is something that is going to happen and like soon. 

I went though this also, I almost left the hospital the morning of my surgery (they had a huge issue starting and IV and felt like that was a sign.)  I am so glad that I stayed and made this journey, and I sure you will be also!  Just try to focus on all the good things that will happen!

Jenny

Aime-kay
on 11/7/14 1:53 am

Thanks Jenny. First of all congrats on successfully shedding weight and joining the winners circle :) I hope and pray that everything goes well and I stay happy once it's done. It's a new chapter of life, I pray to God to keep it easy for me :)

Beauti123
on 11/7/14 6:20 am

I know the excitement is there,but the little fat inside of you something else . It's a very important step that you taking for you . Think about it,and visualize your self six months from how you are going to look like. The best of all pray on it .Good luck!

Most Active