Purging

cece58
on 11/4/14 12:47 pm - CA

Just sold my house and downsized. Went from 3300 sq. ft. to 1400 sq. ft. What a nightmare! Had to sort through all my "stuff" and get rid of a LOT of things. So I am sorting through my kitchen items and trying to figure out where to put my cooking pans and realized that there was really no reason to keep my cake pans, cupcake pans, pie plates, cookie cutters, waffle baker, pizza stone and, oh yes, all my cookbooks that were all about stuff I no longer bake or eat. I doubt that I will ever give them another thought. 

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

NYMom222
on 11/4/14 2:11 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Good for you! I am not moving but still consider purging my kitchen. Too much 'stuff'.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/14 2:52 pm

Are you in your new place? Where is it? Exciting, but stressful!

cece58
on 11/4/14 10:05 pm - CA

Yes, we moved to Martinez (Virginia Hills). Sad to leave my beautiful home but really happy not to have to drive YV Rd any longer. It was EXTREMELY stressful but the good news is that I lost 3 lbs!!! I have been to the Goodwill almost daily with all my stuff that I am don't have space for. It's amazing how much I have collected over the years. Hope to see you on the 12th in Concord.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us"
Lisa

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/14 12:52 am

Nice area! Certainly an easier commute for you to WC!

You know, I went to the calendar on Dr. C's website yesterday and it's blank. How did you know the dates for the upcoming groups????

cece58
on 11/5/14 6:27 am - CA

You have to look on the John Muir schedule. Go to Weight Loss Seminars and it will list the ones that he does and the dates. The next one is in Concord at 7:00 on the 12th. Hope you can come.

Lisa

ThinLizzy
on 11/4/14 4:05 pm - Benicia, CA

Wow! Didn't know you were moving--still close, I hope. And you're right, I still have ALL that stuff (because we're still in the 3200 sq ft house) but I haven't used most of it in 7+ years. FOOD for thought!! (And maybe some purging!)

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

cece58
on 11/4/14 10:07 pm - CA

I found someone who was willing to pay a really, really good price for my home so we sold it. Steve is retiring next year and we wanted to position our selves for that. He's taking the money and investing. So we are a little squished for the time being but it's ok. Not such a long commute to work and we are just in Martinez. It's a cute little rancher with no cabinet space, no closet space and no stairs. But I still have my exercise room so I am happy.

Lisa

ThinLizzy
on 11/5/14 12:10 am - Benicia, CA

That's great! My husband is retiring (sort of, still consulting) at the end of this year and we're debating what to do  but want to stay in our house for a while at least. So you're closer to me now! We should get coffee...

LIzanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

Valerie G.
on 11/4/14 9:12 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's hard isn't it?  Try going for half of that.  I went from a 1500 sq foot house to a 740 sq ft cabin in the woods.  I've purged three times in the process, each time finally giving up something I wasn't ready to let go of yet before.   We can find all we need for recipes online, anyway, but I did keep a cookbook that came from my grandmother that is so complete it includes how to clean a possum.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active