3 yrs 5mos. Post-op and surprised that my sleeve works

Zee Starrlite
on 11/5/14 12:44 pm, edited 11/5/14 12:49 pm

Maybe the floor will drop from underneath me.  I am sorry to carry on these last couple of days.  I am shocked that my sleeved stomach is so intact and cooperative after I've been so neglectful toward this process.

I have capacity (crazy me told my surgeon not to make my stomach too small) yet no hunger so the deal is if I listen and work with my body I need not overeat.  I am shocked!  We do things in our own time I guess. 

My Mom passed when I was less than 1yr post-op. I think I cried for a year. She was ill for some time, but the strongest person I knew.  My amazing  right hand.  I fell into food again and maybe this is really real and I can really let go of the food now???

Am I disillusioned - the cravings and crazed obsession for food has subsided.  There is a scary calm that I don't believe I have ever felt.

Let's see. Maybe just maybe I am not dreaming.  I pray this state for anyone out there who is struggling.

by the way if you still have a dream in your heart read "The Alchemist".   Paulo Coelho is the author.

Blessed love, Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

frisco
on 11/5/14 1:14 pm

Time to turn the page.....

A new chapter, blank piece of paper..... from this point forward write your story and it starts with your re-commitment to this process.

Figure out what made your mom so strong and mimic just some of that.

I firmly believe in re-starts. It doesn't matter where you are in the process.

Just think how much more you know now about what you have to do than when you first had your surgery.....

Jump start this thing and do it for you !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/14 1:21 am, edited 11/6/14 1:22 am

I am almost at 3 years out. I,too,  still have a great tool! Life happens. You coped as you knew how. Lovely thing about waking up each day is that each day is an opportunity to start anew and work towards your goals. Use this calm time to focus on you and your goals. Once you set your mind to it, you can accomplish your WL goals.

Best wishes!

drea29
on 11/6/14 7:51 am

If you are obsession free, hop on that train real quick.  There will never be an easier time to restart.  Start today go back to what worked and if need be tweak it to what will work now.  I am sorry for the loss of your Mom and the sadness that your carry.  Beginning again never comes from self hatred, but is an act of self caring. You have already taken the first step.  Just put one foot in front of the other each day toward your goal. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views