Plastic Surgery Post Weight Loss Update: 7 Weeks Post Op (pics available)

Nikke2003
on 11/14/14 12:26 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Well, it’s been seven weeks since I had plastic surgery and I thought it would be time for another update!

I’m finally able to get back into exercise, as all restrictions are lifted after six weeks of recovery. I have been trying to get back into running, but it’s tough! Being “off” for six weeks really set me back… but hopefully it doesn’t take too long to build my endurance back up again. It’s hard to get going and get motivated again. But, I know it’s something that’s really important and I look forward to getting back into a routine. I really would like to see if strength training for the lower body can help the appearance of my big thick legs… but I haven’t been able to get myself into yet. I just hate lifting… argh!

I’m struggling a little bit with my weight. When I went into surgery, I was pretty high in the range of where I’d like to be – around 202 lbs. They removed about 10 lbs of skin, fat, and tissue… and my lowest weight after surgery was 189 lbs. I really would like to find myself maintaining between 185 and 190; however, I’m finding myself at 193.8ish this morning. While it’s possible I have *some* swelling, I know this is because of lack of exercise and poor eating habits. Definitely not a trap I want to fall into and just like before plastics, it’s a struggle to maintain – though I’m doing it.

I’m still very happy with my surgery results. The “opening” in my right armpit is healing well and almost, for the most part, closed. The one on my bum is still open, but it’s getting there. That one is difficult to manage because my pants rub against it and when I sleep on my back it can get a litlte sore. I look forward to a day when I don’t have to wear on a bandage on it, that’s for sure! Like I mentioned in my last post, I’m happy with my results, but I noticed that when the swelling subsided from my breasts, they didn’t look as “full” anymore. I’ve also noticed that since the lower body has relaxed a bit, that I have more sag and cellulite in my legs than I had before. It’s a bummer, and it’s got me on the fence about having another round of surgery at some point for my thighs. I don’t believe I’d be terribly unhappy if they looked like forever; however, it does kind of suck to see the hang of the skin there.

I feel a little bit of numbness in my buttock area when I run… but other than that don’t really have any uncomfortable feelings. Sometimes if I REALLY reach with my arms, I can feel a little discomfort in my armpits.

Overall – SO happy I did this. I’m very happy with my result and I know I preach it constantly, but I can’t recommend my surgeon enough! What a great experience I have had so far! 

For comparison and progress pics... check out my blog. Beware, the photos are nudes... so be careful opening them in public haha!

Click here to go to my blog - the password is capella2014

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 11/14/14 1:13 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

Looks amazing! 

Sutures flattened down wonderfully .. everything is healing so nicely. I'll have to bookmark Dr. Capella for once I get to that point. 

Congratulations  :) 

Nikke2003
on 11/14/14 11:37 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I know I'm becoming a broken record - but I really can't recommend him enough!!

Thank you!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

grayC
on 11/14/14 1:22 pm
VSG on 05/01/13

Your looking AWESOME!!

your arms are healing really well,

I have to tell you that when I first saw them 

They looked like they really hurt and were angry incisions 

and I was shying away from including them in my consult,

but seeing how well they healed, I'm putting them back on my wish list...

What an improvement in your waist from week 1...

i totally see an hourglass shape in the 7 week..

so happy your feeling good and healing well..have a great weekend!!

Nikke2003
on 11/14/14 11:38 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thanks so much! I didn't really find it all that painful... but I really didn't use my arms much for awhile until they were better healed. They certainly do look painful now that I'm looking back on it!!

Thanks!

Connie S.
on 11/14/14 1:27 pm - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

I'm glad you updated us. I've been thinking all week about messaging you to see how the arm incision hole is doing. I'm super happy to hear that it and the backside are both healing.  I think you look great. Your breasts may not be as full as you would like, but they also do not look fake! They look like nice, natural breasts.  It is amazing to see how the pie crust sutures flatten down so much. I don't really understand the suture technique, but it clearly works. The man is an artist! Congrats and kudos to you again for taking this big step.

HW 225  Consult weight 208. VSG 3/4/13 weight 176.4  Current weight 103  5'1" tall  Age 55 Goal weight of 108 reached in 7 months  

Nikke2003
on 11/14/14 11:38 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thanks so much! I'm feeling great!

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 11/14/14 3:12 pm, edited 11/14/14 3:13 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Looks great Nikke! Incisions flattened out really nicely and pesonally I think your boobs look much better now than immediately post op. Takes everything some time to settle and boobs especially. Mine are still changing shape and form and I had the lift on june 2! So true what plastic surgeons say - gotta have patience to see the final results. I am not touching anything in terms of touch ups until I am a year out from round 1. 

If I were as brave as you I would go in for arms and extended thigh job but even with the perfect recoveries I have had I just don't want to be cut into again...

You really look great!! Say hi to Dr C next time you see him. Tell him the woman from Geneva wishes she had gone to him for her body works seeing your results!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Nikke2003
on 11/14/14 11:43 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm curious to see how much more things could change! In my last update, I mentioned that I never really had much swelling... or at least not the kind of swelling I have seen in some post-op pictures (where it is VERY noticeable). I'm wondering if I do have swelling and just don't know it and it will go down further? Patience will be key, I'm sure!

I hear you about not wanting more surgery. It's a toss up for me as far as the thighs go. I'm just not sure if the money and scar would be worth it? It's a tough call. I also have to get my gallbladder taken out in December, so the idea of more surgery on top of that really sucks!

I will try to remember to pass your Hi to Dr. C.... I'll be seeing him in late December! :)

Stacy_WLS
on 11/14/14 9:17 pm

You look amazing!  

How ow lomg did it take before you stopped getting tired during the day?

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Most Active