Reactive hypoglycemia

Kathy8429
on 11/16/14 10:59 pm

hi everyone. I've developed this reactive hypoglycemia over the last few months. My dr says the trick to treating it is to eat every 2-3 hours and always make sure I'm eating some carbs with my protein. 

I don't think it's helping, but maybe it would be worse if I wasn't doing it. Who know??

anyway, has anyone found a way to get this under control? Thanks so much, kathy

mmsmom
on 11/16/14 11:02 pm - Woburn, MA

I was having it for a while, but it has stopped.  I think mindfully eating carbs and protein works.  I am okay with length of time between eating.  

VSG on 04/28/2014

champagne301
on 11/17/14 11:40 am

I've had reactive hypoglycemia most of my life, so if it is anything like it is without wls, then my suggestion would be to do what your Dr. said. It sounds about right. I notice it to be a problem if I have just carbs w/o any protein, not the other way around. If I am just eating protein it isn't very noticeable

trinoc
on 11/17/14 8:45 pm - TN
VSG on 01/14/14

Yes, I've developed it and am just getting a handle on it.  I have had to learn to not fear carbs (the right carbs, imo) because I need them.  My chemistry just isn't working on no/almost no carbs anymore.  

I typically eat dense protein and a vegetable or fruit carb.  I eat a fruit carb as my between meals because they're low calorie.  Yes, they're high in sugar and they might not work for you...but you won't know until you just keep experimenting with all of the combinations.  I typically eat ever 3-4 hours and this is often enough for me.  I had been eating just 3 meals a day and that's when I noticed big issues.  

Also, cinnamon is a very good blood sugar regulator.  I add it to my coffee and hot tea throughout the day.  I will also put it in my yogurt...pretty much anywhere I can add it, I do.

Tricia

M1 -26, M2 -14, M3 -14, M4 -12, M5 -12, M6 -11, M7 -10, M8 -12, M9 -5, Goal Reached 9 months and 14 days

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views