Post Op Funky Mouth

Dawn V.
on 11/19/14 4:48 am

I'm 5 days post op and just can't seem to shake this funky metalic taste in my mouth.  I brush, I gargle.  Doesn't matter what my intake is...even water has this odd flavor to it. 
Did anyone else experience this after surgery and how long did it last ? 

BostonJoe
on 11/19/14 5:09 am

I didn't get that, but I do know that it takes a bit of time for the anesthetic to get completely out of your system. If the metal mouth is a reaction to the anesthetic, then it could go on for a bit. I wouldn't worry about anything like that until you're at least two weeks out. Then if it's still persisting, ask your doctor.

Heck, I smoked a cigar once, and the taste stayed in my mouth for a week. 

VSG 8/4/14 

MAchick
on 11/19/14 6:20 am
VSG on 01/27/14

Google ketosis! 

Dawn V.
on 11/19/14 10:02 am

Thank you! Ketosis....wow! I guess I can live with the funky taste for a while...

November18
on 11/19/14 6:22 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Is it the taste of the stuff you drank for the leak test? I can still taste that but mine was just this morning.

Bonnie

Stace62
on 11/19/14 11:42 am
VSG on 10/31/14

I'm just over 2 weeks out and that metallic taste just started yesterday for me.......weirdest thing was I could smell it before I actually "tasted" it and I was trying all day to figure out what in the heck smelled like that lol.....finally figured out it was me.  My hubby says I smell like I just had a bunch of dental work done. There is a lot of conflicting info on the internet, some say it's ketosis, some say lack of certain mineral, some say it's the multi-vitamin so who knows but I hope it doesn't last too long...it's kinda gross !

HW-240  SW-235  CW-209   M1-26.4  M2-xx  M3-xx  M4-xx

Most Active