Saturday night slipup

Allison L.
on 11/15/14 1:25 pm - Berkeley, CA

According to my husband, I shouldn't feel too bad about this, but I followed up some alcohol with nachos. I'm trying to estimate how much I had and am realizing it didn't matter. This is NOT part of the bariatric plan and I figure the more people I can reach out to, the better. How do you handle slipups? I'm kind of thinking, okay, learn from it and move on. Punishing myself isn't going to do anything.

Connie S.
on 11/15/14 3:28 pm - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

Learn from it and move on! You are right to think that is the way to go. If beating yourself up over stuff like this worked, none of us probably would have needed WLS to begin with. I am curious about the alcohol, though. I assume it is allowed on your plan and that you are far enough out from surgery for it to be ok? Alcohol is definitely an inhibition lowering agent, so it makes sense you would "slip up" after drinking.  Bottom line: you are something that did not support your health and / or weight goals. Will you gain weight from a one time lapse? No, unless you drank a LOT of alcohol! 

Good luck and hang in there.

HW 225  Consult weight 208. VSG 3/4/13 weight 176.4  Current weight 103  5'1" tall  Age 55 Goal weight of 108 reached in 7 months  

frisco
on 11/15/14 4:39 pm, edited 11/15/14 11:45 pm

I actually think your right in response to my post.

Your doing great.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Smitherine
on 11/15/14 8:37 pm

OP, I could have written t your post but don't have the ba!!s to do so.  Thank you for your honest post. And thank you Frisco for your honest answer. I have printed it and will be referring to it regularly. 

(Btw, I  Frisco! Just saying... )

Mary Gee
on 11/16/14 3:59 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

What happened to all the RED FLAGS??  You should either stand by your original post, or apologize/explain your position --- not change it.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

QoftheU
on 11/18/14 3:47 pm - Bay Area/Silicon Valley, CA
Revision on 12/18/13

I thought you were a writer.

You're vs. Your  --  It's just Not. That. Hard.

Leslie - Band Revision to RNY - best thing ever!   HW: 234   SW: 222  CW: Ticker  GW: 130

Allison L.
on 11/15/14 8:40 pm - Berkeley, CA

Connie, thank you. 

Frisco, I see the harshness of your response as being far more about you than about me. I have lost more than 60 pounds in less than five months, which for me is amazing. I have changed my life. I have posted multiple times about successes and this is the first time you've responded to a single post: with undue negativity and harshness. This isn't about helping me or anyone else. This is about the chip on your (decidedly now thinner) shoulder. No, I don't hate you. You're not worth the effort. 

bob-h
on 11/15/14 9:51 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
On November 16, 2014 at 4:40 AM Pacific Time, Allison L. wrote:

Connie, thank you. 

Frisco, I see the harshness of your response as being far more about you than about me. I have lost more than 60 pounds in less than five months, which for me is amazing. I have changed my life. I have posted multiple times about successes and this is the first time you've responded to a single post: with undue negativity and harshness. This isn't about helping me or anyone else. This is about the chip on your (decidedly now thinner) shoulder. No, I don't hate you. You're not worth the effort. 

What a perfect response. 👍👍👍. You are one of few who will put a self righteousness pompous ass in his place. You will now be on the blocked list with the rest of us non-followers.  Welcome to the club. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

akbrunswick
on 11/15/14 9:56 pm - Tampa, FL

Allison, I believe that we are only human and all have an occasional slip up. You were brave enough to admit it and ask for help. You have done great so far. My plan doesn't call for alcohol until at least 6 months out. When I talked to my surgeon about alcohol or slip ups, he said that he doesn't expect anyone not to have an occasional drink or to have a few bites of cake on their birthday or other special occasion. That is all part of a well balanced life, everything in moderation. Keep up the good work!

HW 252. SW 243 PreOp 225.7 GW 150        

HarvestMoon1974
on 11/15/14 10:25 pm - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

A perfect response to a self-righteous poster.

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

Most Active