3 days from SADI-S surgery (duodeno-ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy)

Miranda W.
on 11/16/14 9:13 am - Zebulon, NC

I am scheduled for SADI-S surgery(duodeno–ileal bypass with sleeve gastrectomy) November 19th. Feeling really anxious but excited. I haven't really found a protein powder that I like so far. Has anyone used pre-made protein shakes after surgery that were good? I am doing a 7 day pre-op liquid diet but the powder shakes are making me nauseous. Any recommendations?  

Gwen M.
on 11/16/14 9:24 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Have you checked out Nashau Nutrition?  You can order lots of sample protein packs from them which is awesome.  

I really like Optimum Nutrition Double Rich Chocolate which I make with unsweetened original almond milk in a Blender Bottle.  I drink it from the Blender Bottle too, so that I don't have to smell it so much!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

wendyss
on 11/16/14 10:34 am

I liked Unjury while on my liquid post op diet, I had to do clear so that was the best one I found. 

Good luck with your surgery, I do not know anyone that has had it done although I do know that my surgeon does the SADis

VSG  2014  with Dr Gilberto Ungson (after failed lap band) 

Miranda W.
on 11/16/14 11:05 am - Zebulon, NC

Thank you. I am a little nervous about having a procedure that is "new". I too failed with the lap-band so I was a little apprehensive with choosing this surgery. But my doctor said it is showing very good results at the 5 year study. If you come across anyone who has had this procedure please have them message me. I would love to talk to as many people I can to see how they are doing with this surgery.

Valerie G.
on 11/16/14 10:15 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

You'll find a few SADI patients over on the DS board.  They hang there because our nutritional needs are similar, and we're all watching you like lab rats, curious (hoping) that we have another wls breakthrough.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

mljohns
on 12/24/14 12:11 am
DS on 01/27/15

Hi Miranda,

I'm scheduled for SADI on January 27th. How are you doing so far?

Miranda W.
on 12/24/14 10:15 am - Zebulon, NC

I am doing great. Thanks for asking. I had surgery November 19th and as of today I have lost 40 lbs. It was hard the first couple weeks after surgery but it was worth it. I don't think you will regret your decision. Keep me posted on how you are doing. 

Most Active