Angry...disappointed with myself

purplequeeny
on 11/23/14 9:04 pm - Mc Calla, AL
VSG on 06/12/14

I feel so ashame.... I am a very laid back person, always happy.  Very little upsets me.  The past 3 days I have been feeling so much anger.  Deep down in my gut.  Nothing has triggered it, nothing is happening in my life to make me mad.  Yesterday I almost could not stand it.  I'm very short with my family.  Every little thing, such as something being out of place wants to make me beligerent.  I have NEVER been like this.  I even went in my bedroom and I slammed some things down and broke them.  This is not not not me!  I'm calling my dr this morning.  I have heard of hormone dumping.  I'm 5 1/2 months out from surgery and 102 pounds lost since surgery day.  Any one have any suggestions.  I still feel angry this morning but not as severe.  Help.

HW 350 SW 309 CW 150 Surgery 06/12/14 I admit I'm a scale addict.  My life is now amazing and God is guiding me thru every step of the way.

Gwen M.
on 11/23/14 9:56 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

If you aren't seeing a therapist already, it might be wise to add one to your Obesity Recovery Team.  I know I'm really grateful for mine - being able to vent my spleen to someone who "doesn't care about me" once a week has been extremely beneficial.  And she gives me good ideas and insights that I often can't see myself without some prodding.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 11/24/14 2:01 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Therapy might be a good idea especially if you don't know whats triggering your mood. Goodness don't break your **** or anyone else's, things too expensive nowadays, it might not be much but beating up your pillow or taking some kickboxing classes might be a way to get that aggression out till you find out what's setting you off. If anything get outside & walk & calm yourself down.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

BostonJoe
on 11/24/14 3:53 am

There's a lot of stuff that can mask anger. A lot of depressed people, for example, discover a big lump of rage when they go on antidepressants. Overeating can sometimes be used to self-medicate when we're feeling angry, too. Whatever is making you angry, you've probably lost whatever it was that was masking or soothing it. I definitely agree with the people who say get a therapist. You can't deal with your anger until you figure out what's causing it.

VSG 8/4/14 

Most Active