Hounding

Wildnwonderful
on 11/22/14 3:08 am

I am not so patiently waiting....I have done all my pre-op requirements. I am now just waiting on a surgery date. I have called  my doctors office twice. They have said they submitted me to my insurance. My insurance says they don't have anything from his office yet.

I know I am a pain in the butt to someone. I just want it done before the end of the year. I have already met my deductible. So it will make it cheaper to do it this year.

Is it wrong to keep calling? My insurance said I would have approval in around 72 hours as long as I had all my requirements.

susan88
on 11/22/14 5:00 am
VSG on 08/08/14 with

You are not wrong to keep calling. I would request that they resubmit since the insurance never received it.  Meeting your deductible is a big deal. Can you request to save a date pending approval?  

Good luck to you.  The hassle will be worth it. 

Karen H.
on 11/22/14 5:51 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I would call daily both the insurance and the doctor's office. I know what you mean about meeting your deductible. I was worried about the same thing. I got mine for Dec 8th. Keep hounding..... sure hope you get your Dec date! Good Luck with your surgery!

Wildnwonderful
on 11/22/14 6:27 am

Good to know I am not the only one with this obsession. The lady at my insurance tried to call and the office was closed. She said if she can get them to fax it, then it will be a quick approval. So first thing Monday morning I am on the phone with the insurance!!! hoping for a December 6 surgery date. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

PrayMore
on 11/22/14 9:24 am

Definitely don't give up! I agree - call both daily to check! Tell your surgeon's office that the insurance co. hasn't received it yet just to show them that you are checking on both ends! You either caught them in a lie or caught a snafu that they may not know about! Explain the deductible situation! The insurance co. seems very helpful, but they may need to request further documents, additional stuff, so that could take more time. Persistence!!! Does not matter if you are bugging them often - squeaky wheel gets the grease! Good luck and best wishes!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Wildnwonderful
on 11/22/14 7:17 pm

Thanks!! I am definitely calling on Monday. When I called Friday the insurance put me on hold and called them for me. Either way, I don't really know these people. So what do I care if they think I am a pain in the.....

I told the lady at the doctor office why I was in a hurry to get it done. She said she understood and that with this time of year everyone was  trying to get it in. That just made more anxious to get it done.....

SophieNJ
on 11/22/14 7:36 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

just saying that because the person picking up your call doesn't see your info in the system, doesn't mean paperwork is not there or wasn't submitted - your insurance is not a group of 4 or 5 people, they probably are hundreds of people, many different departments, and have not entered it in to the system yet...my guess is it needs to be routed to the correct group, who make the decision, and then it gets entered into system, which the phone customer service person can then see.  this doesn't usually happen overnight.  a little patience - you'll get there!  good luck.

Thebiggestloser
on 11/23/14 12:32 am
VSG on 11/19/14 with

You have to keep calling - stay on your doctors office! Make sure they are faxing it to the right number!

diane S.
on 11/23/14 3:08 am

keep pushing it. on my drive to the big city day before surgery my hospital still hadn't heard of me because i was taking a spot of someone's cancellation.  read my blog page for what i had to do.  having to work at it can make you more motivated and successful.   gl.   diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Wildnwonderful
on 11/23/14 10:00 am

I will definitely will be calling back. I asked if maybe it  just wasn't showing up yet. The lady at my insurance said she doubted it. If it had been sent the day before.

Either way It will get done, I'm sure it's just me being impatient. I really should learn a little more patients. I am lucky my insurance will pay 85 % and only requires 3 months weight loss and a few pre-op tests.

So with it being close to Thanksgiving, I am going to count my blessings. Here is to next Thanksgiving when I will be almost one year out. A lot thinner, happier and healthier.

Most Active