Lump in my incision site

sTuRnAsCeYt
on 11/24/14 6:30 am

I have a lump behind my main incision (the one that they did most of the work out of and from which they removed my stomach) that is about a quarter in size, maybe a bit larger. I have looked this up online and most things show that this is pretty common for laparoscopic surgery and I also plan to call my surgeon in the morning. I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this? Does it eventually go away?

VSG on 11/12/2014 - - Age: 33   Height: 5'4"   HW: 246  SW: 232.2 

CW: 165.60: 9/25/2015

ShawnaMC
on 11/24/14 8:00 am

Yeah, mine was bumpy there too. It actually started hurting and got infected (only a little) a couple months out. I asked if that was from the bumpy incision and they said no, that the bumpiness is normal. Now another month later and it's smoothed out.

Instagram

Lisarn1
on 11/24/14 8:18 am - Raleigh, NC

I never had a bump under the incision from my WLS surgeries, however I noticed one from my thoracic surgery from 2 weeks ago. I have a follow up with thoracic surgeon tomorrow, and I will ask about it. I think that there is a lot of swelling at the incision sites, and formation of hematoma is one of the risks. I think that many of these risks are the things that we are warned of when we discuss the potential risks of any surgical or invasive procedure. I hope you heal quickly, and have as much success as I did with my RNY (minus the ulcers, of course). I loved my RNY, but needed the revision to address the ulcers.

Good Luck

Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

KimmyKat3
on 11/24/14 12:18 pm - Yonkers, NY
VSG on 10/28/14

I have five incision sites and all of them have lumps underneath. Since I think every little thing is a sign of a much greater illness, I was completely concerned and talked to the doc about it at my first post surgery apt. he said it was completly normal and it was just the muscle they put back together. It will smooth out in time! Good Luck

KimmyKat

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views