10 MORE DAYS!!!

Karen H.
on 11/26/14 10:21 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

TEN MORE DAYS til Surgery!!!  Boy, I thought I had a few weeks til I just started counting on my fingers!!! Time is REALLY getting close!!

I am a little nervous! Questions popping in my head..... Am I doing the right thing? Can you try and do this on your own again since you are losing on the pre op liquid diet? Will I ever enjoy food again?  Will people think bad of me for doing this? Should I go back and ask for the RNY?  Will I lose the weight I want to lose? Can I stick to this?  Have any of you had these questions pop in your head? Well, I have fought this weight issue and lost and gained for the last 30 years!! I want my life back so I can enjoy my future grandchildren. I want to have the energy to walk fast and get things done quickly. I want to look better in my clothes. By the way, I have "any" size I need! I've kept them all in the last ten years!! LOL I want to live with my osteoarthritis with out pain or at least bare able pain. So, yes..... I am ready for this change!!! I just hope I can learn how to eat the right way for my new lifestyle. Hope everyone enjoys their Thanksgiving today! No turkey for me,,, not even Chicken...... but I do get Chicken broth and tomato soup!! Yum! Yum! I'm enjoying my blessings today!! I really appreciate this site and reading all the stories and new ideas and tips!  

God Bless you all!

Karen H.

Luvmygs
on 11/27/14 2:03 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Hi Karen, my surgery is scheduled for next week, Dec 4th and I'm totally excited. I have an awesome surgeon who I have full trust. I know that I can't do this alone any more, been there and done all those diets. Stay focus on the sleeve and know that this is a much easier surgery with less complications than the RNY. Don't worry about what people will say, we're doing this for us and nobody else. I'm proud to tell people what I'm doing and yes sometimes I get "oh no, don't do that". My answer in return, "Yes, I'm going to do this, I've done my homework." Today I will also have turkey broth and some yummy jello!  We can do this Karen. Just think of all the benefits. Happy Thanksgiving. Christine

Karen H.
on 11/27/14 4:34 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Thank you for the encouraging words!! Your surgery is one week from TODAY!! Wow,,,, exciting!! Let me know how it went. I will send you a friend's request. What flavor was your yummy jello? Mine was "orange" ! 

Good luck!   Karen H.

Luvmygs
on 11/28/14 2:21 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I'm enjoying "LIME" jello, my favorite. But I'm also enjoying my broth. Swanson's is now making such a good variety of different flavors; Taco soup, Chicken noodle and Thai broth. Don't forget to check out eggface's web site. Shelly has tons of cool recipes and she often has give aways! I accepted your request. Lets keep connected! Christine

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/14 8:20 am
VSG on 12/16/14

Hi Karen,

My surgery is scheduled a week after your's. I have the exact same feelings actually ALL lol. But I say once it's done no looking back. Today was my last meal and tomorrow starts my preop liquid diet. Goodluck! I am sure you will be fine. I'm hoping for no snowstorm the day of surgery.

Gwen M.
on 11/27/14 10:56 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good luck!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views