Life is good in spite of a few hiccups! (both literally and figuratively)

CincyWriterChick
on 12/7/14 1:28 pm
VSG on 06/20/14

A lot has happened in the five and a half months since surgery, mostly good, though I've hit a few snags along the way.

I had my five month follow up this week and they were very pleased with my progress. Told me to keep doing what I'm doing. We discussed our differences in goal weights and the nurse said to just listen to my body. Did a body fat analysis and I'm now in the Overweight category, all the way down from Morbidly Obese. Had labs run and, according to the nurse, they were 'superb'! The only issue I'm having is with a low resting heart rate with dizziness and feeling like I'm going to pass out. The doctor said no strenuous exercise until we figure it out and that seems to have had an impact on my weight loss this week. Went to my primary care doctor Friday and he suspects POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome) as I've had these symptoms before and I have Ehlers Danlos Syndrome and they seem to go hand in hand. I have a few more tests that need to be run. Hoping we get it figured out. Other than the dizziness and feeling like I'm going to pass out when I stand up, the hiccups are the worse. Doesn't matter how much or what I eat, I hiccup two or three times really hard afterwards! If this is the worse I have in my post surgery life, I'll take it! So much better than diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and high blood pressure!

To top off feeling and looking fine (according to my friends), I've found love... after over two years of being single and fixing me. I've known this person for over three years and never knew he had a crush on me. I've had a crush on him since the day I met him. A few months back, he got brave and confessed his feelings for me and we decided to see where things would go. On Thanksgiving, he said those three little words and told me he wanted to make me his wife! It's still not official as he hasn't gotten down on one knee yet (He says he's planning something very special), but we've already begun planning the location, the honeymoon, and the life afterwards. We have a lot to coordinate, as he lives over two hours away, but I'm so happy I could pop!

Thanks for letting me share! VSG was one of the best decisions I've ever made. Now I can have a healthy long life with my love!

HW:260; SW:Consult 235, Day of Surgery 225; Doctor's GW:150; My GW: 135

Mary Gee
on 12/7/14 5:40 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

WOW!  Congrats to you.  What's a few hiccups...... Very happy for you.  Hope you honey gets on bended knee soon!  😄

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

ANGELINA6501
on 12/7/14 9:15 pm
VSG on 12/16/14

How exciting! Congrats! 

~Angela

VSG 12/16/2014   HW: 309 / SW: 280 / CW: 226

Gwen M.
on 12/8/14 1:44 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay!  Glad things are going so well for you :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active