Well, this is an odd feeling

weeziebeth
on 12/7/14 12:39 am

Ok so, surgery was Tuesday and I've been on clears since. Post-op has really been not too bad. I was thinking this morning how odd it is to not have felt hunger in the intervening 5 days. I'm grateful for the lack of hunger, don't get me wrong, its just odd and I'm not sure what to do with it. 

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

Dawn ..
on 12/7/14 2:25 am - MI
VSG on 09/23/14

Enjoy it. I didn't feel hunger right off. I am a little over two months out and I feel hunger often (at least I think it is hunger). It is not due to dehydration because I am getting my fluids in. I haven't taken my Prilosec in a while though, so maybe it is acid reflux. Back to the Prilosec...

Consult 12/9/13, Pre-Surgery Appt 9/5/14, Surgery 9/23/14, Height/5'.52", HW/273,  ConsW/268 ConsBMI/49, PreSurW/213 PreSurBMI/39, SurW/193.8 SurBMI/35.4, Drs GW/140-150 My 1st GW/160 2nd GW/145
Visit my online store at dawnsjewelrybox.com  Independent Consultant ID 30858

Gwen M.
on 12/7/14 6:42 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm 9 months out and pretty much only feel hungry during my morning exercise.  It's sort of nice but, I agree, strange.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

sechax0r
on 12/7/14 9:56 pm
VSG on 11/03/14

I know what you mean about exercise!! I have been doing walking without much impact on hunger but yesterday I did a workout with my new personal trainer. We did a 50 minute circuit workout. Holy crap I was ready to eat a horse when I came out of there! I finished my protein shake, and came home and had a piece of cheese. For lunch I ate more than I have (2 ounces of meat, usually I tolerate 1oz). I burned a ton of calories though and feel great now.

Gwen M.
on 12/10/14 4:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I'm normally fine with just my protein shake after training, if not before - it depends on timing.  On running days when I go 4 miles or fewer, I drink my shake after training, but if I go more than 4 miles, I need to drink it beforehand!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

PrayMore
on 12/7/14 8:11 am

Hey weeziebeth! Congrats! How do you feel? We had surgery on the same day! I had to stay an extra day in the hospital for nausea, but after I got that straightened out, I've been feeling pretty good. No pain meds since Day 2. I've had a headache here and there. I've been sipping and walking, like everyone says to do! I don't feel hungry, but I have these pain pangs similar to hunger. I just figure it's a pain pang... not sure what else to think. (Happens at different random times.) But that is getting better. I've cooked a few things for my family and some of it I didn't desire - like you said, not hungry! But some of it looked good to me... :) I just distracted myself and moved on. When are you going to start with the full liquids? I was thinking I might try some tomorrow. I did have some protein shake made with skim milk today. I'm just going slow. My plan calls for four days of clear, then 7 to 10 of full liquids. Just curious about how you are doing! 

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

weeziebeth
on 12/7/14 9:11 am

Hey! Doing well overall-very little pain other than gas pain in my left shoulder which I think has finally dissipated today. My surgeon generally keeps people for two nights but I was up working on my laptop (still had one last paper to wrap up for the semester-poor time management on my part) at 0630 when the fellow came through and when my surgeon's partner rounded later in the day I asked if I could go home. He looked at me kind of in shock and then asked if I was the one who had just been lapping him in the hall. Yes sir, that was me. Boom-homeward bound. 

Clear liquids for a week and then full liquids for 2 more. Not so much looking forward to liquids for that long but I just figure its my medicine that I have to take. Not gonna lie, a little jealous that you get to move through a little quicker than that!

Been walking the last few days at the park-think I did about 2 miles today. It wasn't fast and I was tuckered at the end but it was done. Really feel better and have more energy than I expected at this point. 

Glad you are doing well. This is some crazy journey, huh? Thanks for asking and best wishes for the coming weeks and months-we got this!

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

PrayMore
on 12/7/14 9:23 am

Wow - two miles - that's awesome!

I'm going to interpret the post-op instructions cautiously. I just cut a tylenol pill in half and it feels like it's sitting in my throat. LOL! I didn't have any trouble with the tiny Claritin. So, I'm not rushing into the full liquids. The funny thing is I remember my NUT telling me not to introduce more than one new food a day. So this process is going to take a while anyway if I can only add one new food a day! Ha ha! 

Do you think about this: If you wait longer to start things, maybe your tolerance will be good along the way? Like if I go really slow, maybe I'll still be able to tolerate foods later. Not sure why I think this, but I do hope not to be lactose-intolerant. I know that could be a reality, though. But maybe if I just take all of this slowly... 

This is a crazy ride! I'm just grateful for this chance. :) Yep, we got this!! 

How about you, rocking the paper in the hospital! My doc wanted to discharge me the second day, but I was still dry-heaving my newly stapled stomach into the early evening and that was scary! Once the right nausea med kicked in, I was good-to-go!  Let's do this!!!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

Most Active