Coffee

Allison L.
on 12/5/14 1:40 am - Berkeley, CA

I've learned my lesson about going off my plan. I just had some pretty strong coffee and I don't feel so well. Anyone else experience this?

susan88
on 12/5/14 2:27 am
VSG on 08/08/14 with

I'm a coffee addict.  Early out the acid bothered my stomach and I had to have very mild coffee with lots of milk.  As I get further out I can tolerate it much better.  I'm 4 months out and enjoy 2 cups every morning with my premier protein as creamer.  The coffee was never off plan for me except the first week or so. 

kaffbeau
on 12/5/14 2:39 am

Oh yes I have to have my coffee each morning! I have been drinking it pretty much all along. I only have 1-2 a day and have never experienced any issues form this habit. I gave up a lot of things but not this! It has not affected my weight loss, 7.5 weeks out and just under 40 pounds gone since surgery. I also am not one to measure food, count carbs etc. I eat good foods in small portions and always choose protein first then veges then fruits. Love this new tummy and how liberating it is not to be so obsessed with food consumption.

Allison L.
on 12/5/14 5:21 am - Berkeley, CA

I'm with you! I will definitely take an upset tummy every so often in exchange for all I've received from the sleeve. :)

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/14 7:26 am
VSG on 12/16/14

i would mix decafe with it as well. Maybe that will help with tolerating it better

TeressaJ
on 12/5/14 12:28 pm

I'm 5 months post op and have 1/2 a cup with creamer every morning. I can't seem to drink a full cup, it fills me up! Pre op I was a 4 cup a day girl!

Most Active