Surgery Scheduled! And TOM Question

Y D.
on 12/5/14 1:54 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Hi everyone,

My surgery is booked, yay!! I'll be getting sleeved 01/19. My concern is, according to my calendar, that is also when my time of the month is supposed to show up! Grr.

Has anyone had surgery during that time??

TMI Alert: I use the "Diva Cup" (medical grade silicone cup worn internally), so I only need to visit the area once in the morning and once at night, but I'm wondering if pads (hate) would be better this time? Just so I don't have to fuss with getting it out if the cup is sitting particularly high on day or something.

Does TOM affect surgery/recovery in any way?

Thanks!!

civilmomma
on 12/5/14 2:47 am
VSG on 03/07/14

Mine started the night before surgery.  I just told my nurses.  I wore undies with a pad until the last moment before going to the OR (they said no tampon while in surgery).  When I woke, there was a little mess on the "puppy pad" under me, but not bad.  On my first trip out of bed to go potty I cleaned up and put undies and a pad back on.  The 2nd trip - I switched back to tampons.  I also use diva cup - but given that a nurse might have to help me for some strange reason - I stuck with conventional products while in the hospital. 

The nurses have seen it all...no worries!

ticker5'-8",HW 347,SW329,M1-25 M2-17 M3-11 M4-13 M5-14 pregnant-->

Y D.
on 12/5/14 2:50 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

Ahhh! Thank you for your response, perfect! Very helpful thanks :)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 12/5/14 2:53 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'd wear pads in the meantime. You're gonna be sore after surgery & bending over can be painful, you don't want to have to go digging up in there to change it out. Wait to see how you'll feel first b4 going back to the cup.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Y D.
on 12/5/14 2:58 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

My thoughts exactly, better safe than sorry I guess!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views