NSV and the disappearing side pain

lfenix
on 12/9/14 1:14 am
VSG on 10/27/14 with

I'm almost scared to say it, because I don't want it to come back, but after going to bed with the searing left side pain on Saturday night, I woke up on Sunday morning, and it appeared to be gone.  I had experienced a temporary reprieve from the pain before, so I didn't hold my breath, but the whole day, it was pretty good.   Then, Monday.  Again, no pain, and I could lay on my left side, and turn over in bed, without the pain.  Today, again.  Nada.  I don't understand how the pain could just go from really bad to non-existent in one night, but there you go.  That's what happened!  Fingers crossed it's gone for good!

And here's an NSV.  I'm moving, and I have a two story house.  I used to avoid going up the stairs like the plague.  It winded me to even take the steps slowly, one step at a time.  This weekend, while I was helping people move things downstairs from upstairs, I was able to 'trot' up the stairs.  What?  That was a blast!

Loving my sleeve!

54, Height 5'2", HW 229 PreOp Diet SW 220  Surg W 214 (10/27/14) GW 135 CW 192

(deactivated member)
on 12/9/14 1:22 am

Congrats - both for getting rid of the pain and for your "trot" up the stairs. I can guarantee you'll have a lot more NSVs coming your way. It is amazing the little things that blow us away as we start to lose significant amounts of weight. One of my favorites was after reaching my goal weight being uncomfortable in an airplane seat and realizing I'd put my foot up on the seat with my knee to my chest to adjust positions for a while. That was pretty freakin' awesome for the guy who could barely buckle up without an extender!

mickeymantle
on 12/9/14 1:42 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

IF YOU HAD A VERY TIGHT STICK INSIDE IT COULD HURT FOR A WHILE THEN THE STITCH desolves or brakes  and the pain goes right away for good

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Gwen M.
on 12/9/14 2:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Congrats on both things!  

I get what you're saying about stairs.  My house is single story, but my parents' house is two stories and I'm now the first person to volunteer to "run upstairs" to get something for someone.  It's totally cool :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

GoBlueGirl1998
on 12/9/14 10:03 am - MI

Glad your pain is gone and awesome NSV! Feels good trot the stairs, eh?

Most Active