Let's talk about binging

MegZorar
on 12/12/14 8:12 am

Saw this on another site and found it incredibly empowering to see how far I've come since the sleeve. Before WLS I often went to drive-thrus and pretended to order for a group of people, but the order of 20 chicken nuggets, cookies, 2 apple pies, large milkshake with whip cream, McFlurry and ice cream sundae was all for me--and it was one meal. At the Chinese restaurant near work, I got two lunch specials and when getting pizza it would be 2 medium pies, drink, cinnasticks and wings--again all for me and all for one day (but not one meal).

Now I can't finish even ONE of the things on this list, and I'm so grateful. It's a blessing to no longer feel ravenous.  

What's the most you've eaten PRE-OP? 

Gwen M.
on 12/12/14 8:17 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I would regularly eat an entire party platter of sushi (eight rolls plus two speciality rolls) in one sitting.  That happened maybe once a month.  

Now.. now I get two rolls and those last me for four glorious meals.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MegZorar
on 12/12/14 8:35 am

O yeah. Right there with you, Gwen. Done that, with some edamame thrown in for good measure.

aharris30
on 12/12/14 8:45 am
VSG on 05/13/14

Oh dear, I remember those days and I definitely don't miss them. I remember ordering the 20 piece chicken nuggets, or the large pizza and cookies, the Chinese buffet to go that feed 8 people, and the tubs of ice cream. When im in front of people people I don't eat that much and people never understood how I gained weight. I'm ashamed to say this, but I was the one who would order a large pizza and eat it in  the car BEFORE heading out to eat with family or friends. I have spent many days in my car in empty parking lots binging so no one could see how much I ate. I will never be that person again mentally or physically. 

MegZorar
on 12/12/14 9:03 am

YES!!! There is so much shame associated with the behavior. It was a secret. That's why I liked the idea of articulating it, examining it.

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 12/12/14 9:00 am
VSG on 01/11/16

lawdy .. I'd go to 3 different fast food places and get a meal from each.. Taco Bell (mexican pizza or nachos bell-grande) Mc Donald's ( filet fish meal with chocolate shake) Long John Silver's (baja chicken sandwich) 

Go home and eat all of it .. sigh, glad those days are behind me. 

MegZorar
on 12/12/14 9:25 am

In my best Homer Simpson voice, "Frosty choc-o-late milkshake!" 

frisco
on 12/12/14 9:36 am

Ya mean like 5 minutes after leaving the consultation with my surgeon and booking VSG in 3 weeks.......

Stopping at Tommys Joint Hoffbrau for a to-go full Turkey Dinner and 2 slices of chocolate cake.... than phoning ahead to the Pizza place on the way home for an XL (better deal) for late night dinner 2 and stopping at the AM/PM for a 2liter Pepsi and pack of smokes......

Laying on my bed eating and reading about WLS here on OH and thinking........ Dude (my surgeon) said he can get me down to 180lbs. Cool !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

MegZorar
on 12/12/14 10:10 am

I know, right? Buying the extra large because it's a better deal. There was a method to the madness.

RayaniFoxmur
on 12/12/14 10:36 am - Bowling Green, OH
RNY on 01/13/15 with

Eating a 20 piece chicken nugget then going home and eating 3 boxes of movie theater candy and a whole pint of ice cream along with half a cake... I'm a sweets eater. Looking forward to no longer craving that sugar!!

HW: 446  SW: 391.4 CW: 317.0

http://thernyjourney.blogspot.com - My blog on my journey!!

Most Active