18 months later...

Kimbaru
on 12/17/14 8:20 am - WA

Boy, I haven't been on here for a while!  It was so good to see familiar faces- Devon, Tracy, Carol, Nikki etc.  I've missed you all.  I wanted to update my journey with the caveat that I have done things a bit differently than many.  I am not suggesting that anyone do what I did, I just want folks to hear about what has worked for me.

18 months ago I tipped the scale at 345 pounds.  I knew it was going to be a long haul.  I am a band to sleeve revision.

For the first 12 months I never went off program ( that being low carb, high protein ). I lost 130 pounds.  I knew that diet fatigue was setting in, so I made the bold decision to take the next 6 months and test out maintenance.  For me, I wanted to figure that all out before I actually got there.  In those next 6 months I lost another 18-20 pounds.  An unexpected round of steroids and narcotics made me regain about 15 pounds.

I am now back down and for the first time in forever am solidly under 200 pounds.  I had neck fusion surgery last week, but have begun the push towards goal.

This has been a remarkable 18 months. My choice to do maintenance before goal gave me so much confidence.

Thanks to all of you for love and support!

Kim

coffeehousegirl
on 12/17/14 8:38 am

Great of you to share, congratulations on your success and especially on the confidence you have  on your surgery. I love that! 

Tracy D.
on 12/17/14 11:00 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Woohooo, Kim!  So good to see you back on here and hear all about how your journey is going.  Under 200 lbs. - fantastic!  

Here's to a speedy recovery from the neck surgery.  Have a very Merry Christmas! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 29 views