Date is coming up soon soo scared

Julie81
on 12/19/14 10:42 pm

Feb 11th is my tentative date.. I'm so scared esp of being put to sleep. I'm scared I'll get there and won't go through with it :(

GooseGirl
on 12/19/14 11:51 pm
VSG on 10/30/14 with

I was pretty nervous initially too. However, I found that as my date approached that I just wanted it to be here and done. By the night before surgery I was actually fairly calm. Anxious but it was similar to anytime I have a really big day the next day (if that makes sense). The morning of surgery I was still a bit tense but I was more excited that the day was finally here. 

Try to stay away from the horror stories. Those will freak you out for sure. There are FAR more people who have no issues than those who do. 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/19/14 11:55 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

I was terrified of the same thing. When I met the anestheologist I made him promise to wake me up right away after the surgery. He kept his word. Then when I had plastics (2x4.5 hrs under) I was actually looking forward to the nap. Told the anesthesiologist and he told me that if I think about something really nice right before he puts me under then I might have nice dreams. You will be fine. And all the fun will start after so get your rest and enjoy the sleep. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Kate D.
on 12/20/14 12:29 am

I was beyond scared- to the point of shaking and crying. But I devoted my time and life to this surgery and change so I didnt let it stop me.

If it makes you feel any better- I had never been under ever... it is literally like closing your eyes for 2 seconds then you're awake again. It is NOT the same as sleeping- your body can not feel the time. It's a different state of  consciousness. You will do great, if i can do it so can you!!!!

Julie81
on 12/20/14 1:36 am

Thanks everyone!

a part of me is excited to get this weight off and start to live a heathy life! But I still have that fear of not waking up or something going wrong during or after. My surgeon is excellent.. He said he has lost three people.. I don't want to be the 4th :(

crittemom
on 12/20/14 6:32 am

I have had many (21) surgeries, and I have to say this was the easiest and least painful of all I've had. As far as going to "sleep", it can be frightening, if you let it, but I consider it the best sleep I ever get! My life is normally stressful, so I enjoy these sleeps! I will pray for you, and I know my Heavenly Father will take care of you. God Bless and Merry Christmas!

Julie81
on 12/20/14 8:33 am

Thank you so much! Merry Christmas to you too!

psychoticparrot
on 12/20/14 9:20 am

It's major surgery. You should be scared. But the thing that's even scarier is not having the surgery at all.

My surgery date is tentatively scheduled at about the same time as yours. Let's be scared together. 

psychoticparrot

Julie81
on 12/20/14 2:09 pm

They are going to have to meet in the parking lot with some sedatives!

Most Active