Surgery in the morning

Spanky123
on 12/21/14 10:35 am

...and I am freaking out. I have had this scheduled for awhile, you would think I would be ready, but I'm not. I'm having to force myself to go through the motions so I don't chicken out.  I wish I could fast forward a few months and have this behind me.  I don't think I will get to sleep tonight, I'll be up until midnight drinking water, I don't want them digging around for an IV in the morning. MY GOD, I  can't believe the time is almost here, stress, stress , stress..lol!

Capegin
on 12/21/14 10:37 am

You may not literally be able to fast forward, but you will be amazed at how fast the next few months fly by.  In the beginning it may feel like you'll never feel "normal" again, but you will!  You will, and then you'll feel so much better than you have in years.  I'm four months out and I always say that it doesn't even feel like I had surgery.  Good luck to you!  Stick with your doctor's plan, and you'll be fantastic!!!  Take care!

spuddzy
on 12/21/14 11:27 am - NY

Relax I had my surgery last Friday..when I fully recovered I couldn't believe I did it and it was over...I will be praying for you spanky. I was in 3 days..day 2 they did barium extra checking for leaks and third day home with home...you'll do fine..have a good night rest....I feel great. Can't believe it's over and I'm healing...good luck...

spuddzy

Kim N.
on 12/21/14 11:39 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Good Luck Spanky ~

It may not seem like any consolation but it does go fast...2 weeks ago I was you.  I cried in the car all the way to the hospital at 6am.  My husband kept saying we could turn around and go home or I can have this surgery and continue the life I always wanted.  Every day is a struggle.  Reading the paper, watching TV and even driving in the car ~ Every thing is food, food, food.....But decided I wasn't going to let something like food rule my life anymore.  Your going to be fine and I bet in a couple of months you will be giving this pep talk to a newbie:)  You'll be home before Christmas and that's right around the corner.  The best of luck to you~  Kim

BorderCollieMama

Carolyn W.
on 12/22/14 12:40 am

Hopefully at this point the surgery is over, but it really isn't as bad as you think it will be! I was a nervous wreck before my surgery. You might be in pain for the first 3-4 days, but honestly after that, everything is a breeze. I'm not even 3 months out yet and I feel like a new person. Best of luck to you and congrats on making this step towards a healthier you!

Gwen M.
on 12/22/14 5:18 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I hope it went well!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active