Can Antesthic effects last 2 weeks?

Spanky123
on 1/5/15 6:21 am

Starting yesterday I have started to experience some soreness around my stomach through to my back and a little on the left. Not sharp pain, just internal "soreness", more like what I thought I would have felt the first two weeks. I haven't taken a pain pill since first day home and don't really need one now, it's just really strange how 2 weeks later my stomach is sore. Not my abdominal muscles either , it's more internal. When I hiccup, cough or scrunch over it's sore, all of which was not present before. Is it possible for anesthia to still be effective that long?

rocky513
on 1/5/15 7:35 am - WI

Two weeks is not very far out.  You still might be tender from the surgery.  I don't think anesthesia has anything to do with it.  I think when our nerve ending start to mend themselves, they can cause some pain.  I had pain  from adhesions (scar tissue) forming and attaching to my abdominal walls. It felt like a pulling sensation and like something was tearing when I strained (coughing, sneezing, etc).

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Tracy D.
on 1/6/15 12:23 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I doubt that it has anything to do with anesthesia.  You must understand that even though you probably had surgery laparascopically there were fairly large plungers put through your muscle wall into various areas of your body (when I saw them IRL I kind of shuddered!).  

Those instruments caused trauma and bleeding that will take several weeks to heal.  You'll heal on the outside a whole lot faster than you'll heal on the inside - which is why you aren't usually supposed to lift anything heavy or do hard workouts for 6-8 weeks.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Alice9248
on 1/6/15 1:00 pm

ABout a week and a half or so out, I thought I was being stabbed from my mid stomach into the back.  It sucked.  I was so glad I had the pain meds at home.  But everyone is different.  My buddy had almost no pain.  The trauma has to heal and recover. Good luck and rest up.

Most Active