here it goes again!

happytoloose
on 1/6/15 4:10 am

This is great!

I just broke another stall and the pounds are just melting away.

I went 6 days this time with only a 1 pound loss.

But....

Yesterday, I lost 2, and I'm down 3 today already.

Got in all my protein today, and fluids are gonna be close.

I love the days that follow a stall. I almost look forward to stalls now, because of the loss afterwards.

If you folks are still sweating the stalls, stop it! It's part of the journey.

Stay focused and on program and you can't help but loose weight. Automatic.

I don't think I wanna loose any faster than that.

CLOSING IN on 100 LBS SINCE Oct 15th!! Surgery was the 28th. Truly amazing.

I still struggle daily to reach my protein and fluid goals but it is getting easier.

I still think I'm hungry at times, but really don't wanna eat, just eat when it's time to eat.

I'm gonna have a small avocado at dinner and can't wait!

Doing a quest protein bar daily now, 30g each. Not bad. With a shake at breakfast, I'm good by noon.

The rest of the day I'm sipping.

Working well for me at this stage, I'm sure this will change from time to time, but right now it seems I'm on track.

I sincerely hope that your journey is as fulfilling as mine. It ain't easy, but its so worth the effort.

Rod

November18
on 1/6/15 4:19 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Do you eat food or just protein bars and shakes?

Bonnie

happytoloose
on 1/6/15 5:06 am

Hey Bonnie,

Well, it differs a little day to day, but I try to get at least half of my protein goal by 9:00 am so that I don't sweat it the rest of the day.

I am having a little food though. Mostly chicken or tuna and some veggies. A handful of pistachios is my daily reward.

For me, the daily hunt for protein was stressful and all I could focus on. So now, I get most of it out of the way early, and don't really think too much about it the rest of the day.

With the restriction I'm feeling, there is no way I could eat to my goal. No way.

If I can eat an ounce or two of dense protein for a meal, I've done real good. Any more and I'm miserable for an hour or so.

I've learned to avoid that.

As a rule, for me, half supplement, half food seems to work. Some days are more supplement, and some more food.

Just getting in half early seems to make it less of a chore for me. But, some mornings I can't even look at a shake, so the bar is the next best thing.

Ive just now started having coffee again and mix my powder in a cup of that to get me started. 1 cup and 1 scoop 30g. Half way home.

Exercise is still limited but next month I should be cleared for some cardio and weight training. My losses will likely slow down at that point while building muscle mass. That's when the shape changing should start.

At some point, I look forward to eating my protein, but in the weight loss stage, I'll do it this way. It's working.

Everybody is different, may not work for some.

Rod

Elizabeth C.
on 1/6/15 4:41 am - Mansfield, TX

WOW!  You're doing great!  Keep up the good work!!

5'-5" ~ Lap Band 03/2008 Converted to Sleeve 11/6/2014 HW 296 Start Pre Op Diet for Sleeve 226 SW 217 -9 M1: 202 -15 M2: 196 -6 M3: 186 -10 M4: 180 -6 M5: 176 -4 M6: 171 -5 M7: 167 -4 M8: 165 -2 M9: 161 -4 M10: 158 -3 M11: 158 -0

Gwen M.
on 1/6/15 6:32 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Glad things are gong well!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views