Perkiest I've felt since surgery today....1 am!

cconroy55
on 1/27/15 2:25 pm

wow I neede a lot of sleep! Possibly since I've been awake in the middle of the night a bunch this last week. Was getting in some sipping but only managed to start the walking just now. And why didn't anyone tell me I wouldn't be able to pee 😉. Managed 100 ml just now and feel like the queen of the world! 😃😃. Thanks to all of you for your helpful posts on what it would be like. I felt very prepared (except for the pee thing - so watch out for that future sleevers). 

mickeymantle
on 1/27/15 2:32 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you had surgery this week call your surgeon this minute  it is not uncommon for your kidneys  to shut down during surgery  

and you are probably  very dehydrated you need to drink 2000 ml a day 

call your surgeon now they have someone on call 24/7

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Sarah M.
on 1/27/15 3:23 pm - San Francisco Bay Area, CA
VSG on 01/19/15

Agree about the pee thing -- that totally surprised me.  The nurse had to turn the shower on and leave me alone for 45 min.  I was afraid of the catheter!  I think I slept about 18 hours a day the first few days at home.  Things are pretty much back to normal for me now -- and i don't have NEARLY the same trouble sipping or drinking.  It's not as much of a fight anymore to get everything down (or get the pee out!)

VSG 1/19/15 | HW: 262 | SW: 255 | CW: 146 (3/20/16)

sds0029
on 1/28/15 1:46 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

We were sleeved same day and peeing had not been an issue at all, it was the other (poop- sorry tmi) but that is good now.  Please take the advice of others and contact your DR.  

All the best 

cconroy55
on 1/30/15 1:34 pm

I was in the hospital at this time where they were  monitoring my output and said that it was very common - after this point it ramped quickly back up to normal.  Now it is a part of my sipping and walking routine - I sip for 20 minutes, then walk, then on every third walk or so, I stop for quick pee - gives me something different to do :-)

Most Active