Cold Medicine- big mistake

annmarie40
on 1/28/15 5:56 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I have a cold, sore throat low fever 100 - 101 and can feel mucus in my lungs, so I did what I always do, I took cold medicine. The first dose was after lunch and then I felt really sick and went home from work. Stayed home the next gay had mostly tea as I could not tolerate anything else. So this morning I decided to take another dose, big mistake. A couple hours later I was on the toilet, and felt like my body was on fire. I assume I had stood up to go lay down, but I really don't remember as I woke up a while later on the floor of the bathroom. I was never so scared. I took a cold shower and now 4 hours later I feel back to normal.  I spent time googling my symptoms and it sounds like I had a reaction to the sugar in the cold medicine. I will have to head out to the pharmacy and buy something in pill form.    Had I thought about it before hand, it makes sense, but I was being lazy since it was so cold and snowy here.  So hopefully this will prevent someone else from making my mistake.

Gwen M.
on 1/28/15 6:16 am
VSG on 03/13/14

That sounds totally awful!  

I stick to DayQuil and NyQuil pills - they're NSAID free and don't have the alcohol or sugars.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

NanfromSan
on 1/28/15 12:41 pm
VSG on 12/09/14

About two weeks post op I took some of my hydrocodone liquid for pain I was having (not from surgery). I got sick as a dog.  I felt like I was going to die.  Went away after about an hour or so.  I did a search and found an old post of people experiencing the same.  The only thing I could think of was the alcohol content?  Strange part was the other posters and myself tolerated it when we took it the first few days after surgery, but had bad reactions when taking it weeks later.  So strange!  I'm curious if you're able to tolerate the tablets.  Let us know.  I've got cold/flu symptoms too nite and I'm terrified to take anything other than Tylenol tablets.

Start weight:  252 pounds 

High weight:  268 pounds

MAchick
on 1/28/15 1:07 pm
VSG on 01/27/14

If you have a fever,  I would watch out for dehydration too. Feel better! !

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views