Last 20 Pounds?

suaz
on 1/31/15 12:26 am
VSG on 10/25/14 with

i have 20 more pounds to go and I've really slowed down. How did you all do?

tstowe
on 1/31/15 1:11 am

I'll tell you when I figure it out. I started out losing like gangbusters... like 20+ pounds a month. But it has gotten slower... and slower... and slower.

I originally thought I'd be at my goal weight by the end of December... Then by the end of January... Now I still have 12 to go. I'm hoping by mid-March.

That being said, I'm still VERY happy with the results from my surgery. It's just gonna take a little longer.. and I'm good with that. It's still coming off.

(deactivated member)
on 1/31/15 1:53 am

I will tell you what worked for me. It isn't rocket science, but it isn't all that easy either because instead of loosening up a bit, I went (as Frisco calls it) "Old School".

I made sure to keep my calories between 700 and 800 per day. I upped my protein to 100 grams per day or more. I kept my carbs at no more than 40 carbs per day and I drank a ton of water. Doing this my weight still went down much more slowly than in the first 3 months. Here's my progression for the last 4.5 months of WL:

• March 2012- 8 pounds lost
  • April 2012 - 7 pounds lost
  • May 2012 - 5 pounds lost
  • June 2012 - 4 pounds lost (I was not as diligent during this month due to two vacations)
  • July 18, 2012 - 3 more pounds lost and I called goal.

So you can see it did take me roughly 4.5 months to lose the last 30 pounds. and the last 3.5 went very slowly. Still when I look back that was a good steady amount of weight to lose over the span of 4 months. I had lost 45 pound from early December through February and 23 prior to that. So I think that once you've gotten that first major chunk out of way the last bit seems to go more slowly for everyone. It's just keeping your head in the game and staying committed to a program with proven results.

Good luck with that last 20.

drea29
on 1/31/15 4:38 am
On January 31, 2015 at 9:53 AM Pacific Time, kairk wrote:

I will tell you what worked for me. It isn't rocket science, but it isn't all that easy either because instead of loosening up a bit, I went (as Frisco calls it) "Old School".

I made sure to keep my calories between 700 and 800 per day. I upped my protein to 100 grams per day or more. I kept my carbs at no more than 40 carbs per day and I drank a ton of water. Doing this my weight still went down much more slowly than in the first 3 months. Here's my progression for the last 4.5 months of WL:

• March 2012- 8 pounds lost
  • April 2012 - 7 pounds lost
  • May 2012 - 5 pounds lost
  • June 2012 - 4 pounds lost (I was not as diligent during this month due to two vacations)
  • July 18, 2012 - 3 more pounds lost and I called goal.

So you can see it did take me roughly 4.5 months to lose the last 30 pounds. and the last 3.5 went very slowly. Still when I look back that was a good steady amount of weight to lose over the span of 4 months. I had lost 45 pound from early December through February and 23 prior to that. So I think that once you've gotten that first major chunk out of way the last bit seems to go more slowly for everyone. It's just keeping your head in the game and staying committed to a program with proven results.

Good luck with that last 20.

Congrats to both of you.   So I am working on losing a 10 pound regain. I am 32 months out and got to goal in 15 months.  I lost weight every month for 15 months and then it stopped.  At 1 year post op I weighed 153 pounds.  Then next month I lost 4 pounds and thought the time for losing was coming to an end.  Then my body decided to let go of the rest of the weight in 2 months. In reading your advice to OP this is what I have been doing in trying to lose the regain which has happened since November.  Yesterday I was at 800 calories and 84 grams of protein and about 45 carbs.  My problem is I have not been consistent with this which has resulted in only 1/2 pounds loss.  If my calories go up to 1000, I do not lose.  So I guess going Old School can get us both where we want to be.  Good luck with the last 20 and thanks for the reminder of what I need to do to get back to goal.  

Kinde
on 2/1/15 12:59 am

I understand I am working on the last 10 pounds and it is so slow! What I am telling myself is that it isn't slow its just that the first weight came off really fast! I am now losing about 1-2 pounds a week...not sure if that is what you are experiencing?  I keep my carbs low and my protein high and of course a TON of water.  Good luck it will come off!

konagirl
on 2/1/15 4:48 am - reno, NV

from what my doctor told me 1 to 2 pounds a week is what they want you to lose. Anything above that your weight will come back quicker. I'm in the same boat you are. He also said at a certain point you will be counting ounces not pounds to lose.  so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Most Active