2015 Goals - end of February check in

Gwen M.
on 2/28/15 4:56 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Now that February is at its end, it's time to update my progress with my goals!  

1. Read at least 52 books - I’ve read 11 books so far and I’m almost finished with the 12th.  I imagine I’ll get lots of books read over the next few weeks.  21%
2. Watch at least 52 movies in the theater - I’ve seen 13 movies so far.  25%
3. Run at least 520 miles - Only 62 miles so far.  I’ve had to miss a few training days, but I know it’ll pick up when Spring comes along.  12%
4. Log at least 15 minutes of exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY - 59 for 59!  16%
5. Start studying Aikido in May - NA
6. Start working with a personal trainer in September - I have started using Fitstar at home and that seems great. 
7. Lose at least 26 pounds - 10.9 pounds lost.  42%
8. Complete at least 5 races - I’ve done one race so far and my next is in two weeks! 
9. Achieve half shoulder stand in yoga practice - I’m not working on this yet due to research telling me to wait until I’m no longer obese. 
10. Continue monthly massages - 2 of 12 done.  16%
11. Continue mental therapy - Yup!  Although it’ll be challenging to fit it in to my life this month which is a bit worrisome.  But I have started meditating and I think that’s positive. 

So far I’m on track for everything except my mileage.  But I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to pick that up once I can run outside again and once I’m no longer bouncing between home and PA so often.  I also need to get over my dislike of my mom’s treadmill.  There have definitely been a few days recently when I’ve only done my minimum exercise, but I’ve still done it and that’s the important thing.  I’m pretty pleased with myself! 

How are you guys doing with your goals so far?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Stacy_WLS
on 2/28/15 5:12 am

Nice work!

My goals are less concrete.  I have definitely been keeping up with my fitness.  I'm trying to get in more than I can (between yoga, hockey, lifting, running (long,short,speed), swimming & spinning) -- but I'm getting lots of variety, just not everything in every week.

My weight has stayed well below my drop dead weight (185 -- which might be dropping to 180) -- so yay on that!

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Beatriz
on 2/28/15 1:10 pm

Great job!! And maybe it's time I set some goals that aren't weight related. You've inspired me. 

Height: 5'4".    VSG 2/23/15

HW: 257--SW: 237--CW: 207  

momsy55
on 2/28/15 9:06 pm - ME

Wow!  Good for you Gwen!!  So glad you're still taking good care of yourself, even with the struggles in your life right now. 

I have a long history of self-sabotage, so I don't make specific goaIs.  However, I am striving for certain things.  I'm working one day at a time on losing the weight I regained, and am refining my plan as needed, which is resulting in the weight slowly, but surely coming off.   Other things I'm striving for include fitting into my dance costume for recital - I ordered a size smaller than I have in years past, as I got the costumes in a bigger size, for fear that they would run small, but then they were big on me.  I also plan to have me knee replacement finally done this summer, to continue my journey toward optimal health.  It is getting increasingly harder to exercise - can't stay on the treadmill for long enough, it hurts to do the bikes in the gym or my own, no matter how much I adjust the seat height.  Because of this, I haven't done much exercise, other then trying to increase steps wherever I can, which I know is not nearly enough.  I jack myself up on Advil liquigels on dance class day to be able to get through it, but it's time to finally take care of the problem.  I have an appt. with the orthopedic surgeon on 3/12.  Recital is the weekend of 5/15-5/17, so I want to schedule the surgery sometime after that, so I'll be ready to go back to dance in the fall.  Do these count as goals?  :)

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views