What are you guys eating?

Queen_Q89
on 3/1/15 6:45 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

I had my sleeve surgery on 2/19 so I'm a week and three days post sleeve. Im on the full liquids phase of the diet, and I am getting extremely bored at this point. I'm having so many cravings, but I cannot say that I am actually hungry. I'm good with drinking water but I know that I am not meeting my protein requirements. I have the worst pain when I eat applesauce. What are you guys eating at this stage in your diet? For past sleevers what did you guys eat when you were at the full liquid stage? I really want to make this diet work because I 'lol be in this phase for three weeks. I'm not at all excited about this. I'm so tempted to eat real food!! HELP!

cappy11448
on 3/1/15 7:26 am

I ate a lot of sugar-free, fat free puddings with protein powder mixed in.  Similarly, sugar-free jello with protein powder.  Cream of "veggie" soups with - you guessed it - protein powder.  I also ate a lot of plain yogurt with artificial sweeteners, and chicken broth with protein powder was my staple, because I couldn't tolerate sweet drinks after surgery. 

Its important to be gentle on your tummy for the first month or two so it can heal.  Its not fun, but it won't be for long.  In a few months, you'll start to feel normal again.  Hang in there.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Queen_Q89
on 3/1/15 7:47 am - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

I'm not allowed to have any protein powders per my doctors diet only the prepared shakes.

Bufflehead
on 3/1/15 7:27 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I think it's good to learn to be okay with a little food-related boredom. This is a good way to adopt a new way of thinking about food. Food isn't entertainment, it's nourishment. Who cares if it's boring? Worry about the nourishment aspect.

When I was on the full liquid stage I did: protein shakes (RTD and powder, mostly powder mixed with CarbMaster milk), broth with bouillon and spices added for extra flavor, Unjury chicken soup protein, decaf tea, G2, Powerade Zero, Vitamin Water Zero, kefir (small amount), SF fudgesicles (one per day max), low sodium V8, and light fruit juices.

You definitely do not want to go off plan. First, you can injure yourself -- even if you can't tell. The nerves and tissues of your stomach are still healing and cannot properly relay information to your brain about pain, fullness, etc. So it is vital that you eat/drink only what is permitted and follow your doctor's plan scrupulously. Second, this is the time when you need to be reinforcing to yourself how to follow rules and make good choices instead of going off and doing whatever the heck you feel like because you are "bored" or suffering from cravings, or need to be "excited" about what you eat. Good luck, I know it is tough (I was on liquids for four weeks, believe me, I feel your pain!) but I know you can do it. Hang in there!

Luvmygs
on 3/2/15 12:07 am, edited 3/2/15 12:07 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I certainly didn't have applesauce until the puree stage. During my liquid stage sugar free popsicles, sf jello, and I went out and bought my favorite Progresso Chicken Noodle soup and just strained out all the chicken and pasta and drank the broth. Very delicious on my liquid stage. I think this is probably the hardest stage. Puree stage you can at least have sf puddings and cream of wheat. Good luck and hang-in-there. It gets SO MUCH better!

Most Active