Dreaded 3week stall

Jack Allen
on 3/1/15 8:09 am - Leesburg, VA

Maybe im an overachiever because my 3 week stall started at 2.5 weeks. Been 4-5 days stuck at the same weight and i know everyone will say stay the course which i am doing. Maybe my size is changing but weight not. Im 2 sizes down on my belt and my clothes are starting to hang on me. So that is all good but the scale hasnt budged. I know it will soon but i cant wait for it to get moving again. 

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

Starlene02
on 3/1/15 8:52 am
VSG on 11/11/15

I haven't had my surgery yet so I may be getting ahead of myself. I mean for all I know I may not even be successful with this, but I'm determined not to be scale obsessed after my surgery. I'm sure that's easier said than done but I get discouraged easily and I'm hoping I'll be able to make myself only weigh once a week or maybe even every 2 weeks. Your body is still making major changes even if the scale doesn't show it. You may be losing fat but gaining muscle. I know these things but I think I'd still feel like I was doing something wrong. lol I'm sure you are doing everything right but I can understand your frustration. Especially since I've struggled so hard to lose the weight on my own. Have you started working out yet? If so, how soon after your surgery?

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

mmsmom
on 3/1/15 10:16 pm - Woburn, MA

4-5 days does not constitute a stall. The farther you are out you will not lose every day...get your mindset around that.  I keep a small notebook and although I weigh myself daily, write down my weight every Monday.  On weeks where I feel like the scale has not moved, I am sometimes pleasantly surprised to see that I am in actuality down from the week before.  You have a good outlook, keep it up.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jack Allen
on 3/2/15 12:19 am - Leesburg, VA

Hey mmsmom I used to live in Maynard years ago and my wife worked in Woburn. Small world.

I am keeping my eyes on my body because even though my weight hasn't changed in 4-5 days I keep seeing my body changing which keeps me motivated.

Thanks.

47 yrs old (feel 25) 6'6" tall, 1/10/2015 = 340,  highest weight = 360, VSG scheduled 2/11/2015

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/15 12:02 am

Most Active