HELP!! 8 MONTHS SINCE VSG SURGERY AND WANT TO EAT MORE FOOD!!! VERY...

Firstlady06
on 3/1/15 1:49 pm

I REALLY COULD USE SOME ADVICE HERE..

I AM 8 MONTHS POST OP AND I CAN NOW SEE THAT I AM EATING MORE FOOD AT EACH SETTING.  I AM STILL DOING THE LEAN PROTEIN, NO BREAD, VERY LITTLE CARBS..VEGETABLES... DRINKING MY WATER..

THE PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN I SIT DOWN TO EAT A MEAL, I AM EATING MORE FOOD..IT TAKES MORE FOOD TO FILL ME UP NOW.  I UNDERSTAND THIS IS NORMAL..

I AM VERY CONCERNED!!!... I HAVE BEEN JUGGLING 4 POUNDS FOR 2 MONTHS NOW, SCALES NOT GOING DOWN ANYMORE..

I FEEL LIKE IT ISN'T A PLATEAU... BUT JUST THAT I AM ABLE TO EAT MORE FOOD, AND I MAY BE OVER DOING IT???

I HAVE LOST A TOTAL OF 90 POUNDS....SINCE JULY 2014...I SURE COULD USE SOME ADVICE PLEASE...

I NEED TO LOSE 105 MORE POUNDS TO REACH MY GOAL!!  HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THESE ISSUES, AND IF SO WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST???

SD:07-07-14...   HW: 375..   SW:365..   GW: 180  

kerry B.
on 3/1/15 3:03 pm
VSG on 11/04/13

Congratulations on your success!  Great job!  

As you mentioned, being able to eat more food over time is normal.  That is why you are not supposed to keep eating until you are full but instead eat a set amount of food by weighing it beforehand.  You have done incredibly well so far.  Don't sabotage your results by expecting your body to tell you when to quit eating.  Measure your food before you sit down to eat.  It sounds like you are doing everything else you are supposed to, add this one more detail before you get too far off track.

This is when the real work begins. You can do it!

5'9", 52 years old, 10 years postop VSG, HW 316 CW 195. Updated 11-12-23

Mary Gee
on 3/1/15 5:39 pm - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14
Are you still weighing and measuring, journaling, and meeting your plans guidelines? I ran into an issue when I added low carb breads.... I was still within my guidelines, but the bread set me on a slippery slope and I started eating more, and stopped losing. Once I eliminated the bread I was able to get back on track and the I'm losing again. .. Just because you can eat more doesn't mean you should. If you have snacks, make them high protein like beef jerky. ..... I hope you can get back on track soon. Like me, you still have a way to go before reaching goal. ..... So it is very important to stick to your program. Wishing you success.

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/15 12:07 am

cappy11448
on 3/1/15 10:21 pm

I found that I ate more over time.  I just needed to.  I was probably eating about 1,000 calories per day at 8 months post op.  I stuck to my three meals a day.  I would drink a cup of tea between meals to distract myself from eating.  My weight loss did slow, but at worst I was losing 3 pounds per month...

I held the amount of protein constant at about 3.5 ounces per meal, and then added veggies to fill me up.  this seemed to help. 

I think its good you are still weighing and measuring your food and eating to plan.   You should lose the weight if you can keep the calories and carbs down. 

best of luck,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

wyo_sarah
on 3/2/15 2:31 am

I would look at what you are eating.  I'm 7 months post op, so we are pretty similar in the aspect.  I can eat a lot more of stuff I shouldn't.  With JUST strict meat proteins I feel full very fast.  When I eat popcorn or a cupcake I can eat a whole lot more and then don't feel satisfied when I'm done and want more.  Feel free to sent me a message if you'd like a friend to chat with.  I had my surgery on July 29th.  I've lost 102 lbs and have 8 more to go to get to what I think will be my final goal.

Most Active