Nutri Bullet VS. Ninja

CincyMade
on 3/3/15 12:17 am

I've been reading reviews for days so I thought I'd pose this question to actual VSG patients. Any advice, comments, concerns, complaints, etc... Do you have one or the other and how do you like it as far as blending and pureeing your food? 

Thanks in advance. 

VSG 3/25/15 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/3/15 4:43 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I really do like my nutri bullet, but I never used it to puree my foods although I probably could've used it for that. I mostly used it to make my smoothies & I like that it really grinds up the nuts & other hard seeds.

I've cut back on using it since I was probably drinking too many calories & my dr wanted me to eat more dense protein rather than shakes. I'll have to tweak my shakes to be more veggie like than fruit like, but oh it's so good!

Not sure how the ninja is, but my mom likes hers, so maybe not much of a difference, other than the more pricey bullet.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Rachel M.
on 3/3/15 5:04 am
VSG on 12/31/14

I have both the Ninja and the Nutri Ninja. I love it! It purees really well and blends great. I love how it has the multi blade system so you don't have to open it and move the 'ingredients' around. It pulverizes ice really well. (No chunks) I really love my Ninja/Nutri Ninja!!

{ HW:275 | CW:166.6 | GW:145 | TL:108.4 }    

VSG on 12/31/2014 with Dr. John Kelly at UMASS Memorial.   

happyteacher
on 3/3/15 5:12 am

I don't like either. I bought and tried several options. Ninja and the bullet leave chunks of ice when blending shakes. I also bought a cheap Oster model with the same issue. Eventually, I bought the Vitamix ($350, basic model) and I love it. I spent more on the variety of cheap options than I did with the Vitamix, so lesson learned. I will be giving my Ninja and other models to my children as they move out of the house :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

CincyMade
on 3/3/15 5:17 am

Good to know, thanks to you both for your input. 

VSG 3/25/15 

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/3/15 7:29 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Love my Ninja.  I didn't have any problems with it leaving ice chunks in my shakes post surgery.

Ninja

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

JennyMcC
on 3/4/15 2:40 am
VSG on 02/25/15

I have a Ninja also.  It is the same one that 'monster' posted a photo of.  I got it at Sams club a while back and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  No chunks of anything remain when I use it.  I am one week post op and used it last night to puree some black bean soup from Panera.  Worked great.  Hey BTW - I see your "CincyMade" - are you in Cincinnati?  I live on the East side (anderson) and am hoping to find some good support groups to get involved with.  GOOD LUCK!!!

CincyMade
on 3/5/15 12:38 am

Thanks for the info! I'm sold on the Ninja. :) Yep, I'm from Cincinnati! I live in the Fairfield area. I too am searching for some good groups to join. I know Mercy offers several monthly, but I'm not entire sure that's the route I'd like to go. Congrats on being one week post op!! 

VSG 3/25/15 

JennyMcC
on 3/5/15 4:44 am
VSG on 02/25/15

Yup - My surgery was at Mercy Fairfield w/ Dr. N.   I have not been to any of the evening support groups there.  (although I did attend a MORNING group on 2/24 and it was all Pre Op's )  People I spoke w/ said that the evening ones there are pretty good.  I went to one at Anderson Mercy that had 2 post op people and about 30 pre op so it really was more of an 'info session' for pre ops (I was pre op then) than it was a real support group for post ops.  It takes me almost an hour to get to fairfield so that is why I am hoping to find a support group that is 'closer to home'.   

Sorry to ask this (I should remember) but have you already had your surgery?  How are things going?  

Kathy S.
on 3/4/15 3:16 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I am not a VSG'er but have both.  I love my nutri bullet for single servings and since someone gave me the Ninja for Christmas I use that for larger portions.  Love them both

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active