Breakfast ideas

jamiemarlowe
on 3/5/15 4:50 am

I'm almost a year post op - I need some different breakfast and lunch ideas. I have 3 kids 3 and under so I need easy. they aren't picky but things that would be easy for them to eat as well would be great. 

Thanks!

samanthalc
on 3/5/15 5:02 am
with

I'm pre-VSG but have been collecting ideas for 6+ months after surgery:

Ezekiel bread with peanut butter

scrambled egg with cheese or ham (if ham, use ham as wrap to make a burrito, and use tortilla for your kids)

protein pancake (made with egg, cottage cheese and a spoonful of oat flour, all blended then cooked like batter -- you can find many recipes on bodybuilding sites)

nutrition dense muffins (homemade with oat flour, fruits, and lots of egg whites or protein powder)

oatmeal or bobs redmill 10 grain cereal- hot

refrigerator/overnight oatmeal

wheatabix cereal 

banana and peanut butter or almond butter

steak or other grilled meat and cheese

refried beans with cheese

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 3/5/15 5:28 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Muffins, some fruits, bread & oatmeal are high carb items & are generally a no no during weight loss, great for kids, not so much for mom.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

GooseGirl
on 3/5/15 6:38 am
VSG on 10/30/14 with

Eggface has a ton of different egg bite recipes on her blog. Those would be easy for you and the kiddos. 

gwen41539
on 3/5/15 8:32 am - kimper, KY

Omelets are great and versatile you can add and leave out things they don't like they are also good for using up leftover items like veggies I'm still post op but a do it west omelette is awesome so is ham and cheese...etc etc fast too..also I like protein coffee I do half water half 1%percent milk one scoop chocolate powder one teaspoon instant coffee sweetened to your liken lol it's good creamy and fast you cand drink it while your fixing breakfast for them...Lol...who.says you gotta eat breakfast for breakfast don't limit yourself like that eat what you what as long as it's on plan...checks.Kids may enjoy something different too :) I'm a mom of 4 

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/5/15 8:43 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I'm a creature of habit.  I have a protein shake every morning for breakfast during the week, then Greek yogurt on the weekends unless we eat breakfast out.  

Eggface has great recipe ideas that are WLS friendly.  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

wyo_sarah
on 3/5/15 12:11 pm

I eat greek yogurt with bear naked gronala almost every day. Or I eat leftovers. For my kids, they eat cereal, yogurt, eggs, or I'll make extra pancake batter on the weekend and make pancakes before school. My youngest likes sausage too.

Hislady
on 3/6/15 7:59 am - Vancouver, WA

Remember you don't have to eat breakfast food you can eat left over dinner food or fix a lunch type food like meat wrapped around a cheese stick with a little mustard. Breakfast can be any food you want!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views