Just started--- Here we go

Kimmie22
on 3/6/15 1:32 am

I just started. Just had my first consult with surgeon on Tuesday 3/10/15 and am now 3 days in to loose 20 lbs to start with. I would love to loose a total of 140 lbs. So far it is difficult because I live my husband and two sons. I sit with them at dinner time with my tiny baby plate and wish I could just have more. I have even walked a total of 2 miles yesterday. I haven't walk that long in a very long time. Are there any other new people that I can share stories with and have help along the way with?

iloveravens
on 3/6/15 3:49 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Hi Kimmie, good luck to you!  Great job walking.  It will get easier to pass up food after the surgery.  I know it took me a while to feel real hunger.  Hang in there!

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

Starlene02
on 3/6/15 2:23 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

Hi Kimmie,

I haven't had my surgery yet either. Awesome with the walking! I'm waiting on my insurance to clear so I can set up my appointments. Frankly I'm terrified! I know it's what I'm going to do but I'm kind of freaking out. The sooner I can get the start of this process behind me the better. I know exactly what you mean. I live with my husband and my 2 kids as well. My daughter will be 13 soon and my son is 8 so obviously we have a pantry full of junk food. Also I have headaches and fibromyalgia and I tend to snack when I physically feel bad. It's going to take a lot of will power on my part to break bad habits. If I hadn't tried so hard for so long to lose on my own I may have already talked myself out of this surgery but I'm tired of fighting on my own. I have a hard time losing weight and like I said with the headaches and body aches it's very easy to get frustrated and give up. I'm hoping this surgery will be enough to kick my butt into gear! After all, it's one thing to give up on a diet that no ones knows you're on. It's a whole different story to give up after a permanent major surgery! I'm so glad I found this site. It's been full of info and friendly people. Good luck on your journey.

If you feel like quitting, think of why you started.

dadoftwins08
on 3/6/15 11:58 pm - slatersville, RI

Also just starting out. I have been putting it off for sometime. It seemed each time i tried to lose weight or look into surgery. Somthing came up and put it off. Now as of yesterday my primary care doctor informed me i have type 2 diabeties. So putting it off is no longer an option.

I've tried the gyms and diets and nothing seems to work.Sso here i am. From what i've been reading It seems these programs are very complex. I'm hoping there not and can be simplified. I'm a single dad raising 2 13 year old girls. so junkfood/snacks are a definate in my house. I have heard some family members telling me horror stories of people they know who had surgical complication problems  or they simply gained the weight back. So i am quite concerned about getting cut into.

havent even spoken to a doctor yet. Still researching to find a good one. could use some advice as to what to look for in a good one

Most Active