Feeling discouraged.

cancelsbronx
on 3/5/15 10:56 am - Stamford, CT

Had successful revision surgery in 2011 where they removed my lap band and had the gastric sleeve surgery..  Everything was going well ever since until the last four months.  I started putting on weight and its been very difficult for me to lose it.  My labs are good with the exception of a vitamin D deficiency which its currently being treated.  I am aware of being hydrated as well as portion contol.  Has anyone experienced this and overcame it and went back on track??? 

carimary
on 3/5/15 11:22 am

According to the 12 step programs "although a person is not responsible for having an addiction, he or she is very responsible for managing his or her recovery"

May you soon get back on track. I would recommend AO meetings.

cancelsbronx
on 3/5/15 12:36 pm - Stamford, CT

Hello CariMary,

Thanks for the reminder.  :)

Going2loseit2014
on 3/5/15 1:12 pm

Had a VSG in 2011 as well .Sadly gained back 50 lbs of my 167 loss ..Did well to start then  got back into the habit of not eating ,and not drinking enough water .Trying to get back on track   Realizing that I need to take care of me and be mindful of what I'm eating .Hoping to  learn from someone who has been successful ..Thank you for posting ... Wishing you success !!

cancelsbronx
on 3/5/15 2:58 pm - Stamford, CT

THanks for sharing.   I recently realized that I am not drinking enough water myself.  Small things that could hold us back.  I also read somewhere that we can confuse thirst with hunger.

Best wishes as well.  :)

Tracy D.
on 3/5/15 11:47 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Food tracking and carb counting - those are keys for long-term weight control after surgery.  Can you tell me exactly what you're eating every day?  Can you tell me exactly how many carbs you're taking in every day?  

If the answer is "no" to either one of these then that is the reason you are gaining weight.  Go back to basics:  80 grams of protein a day, 40 grams of carb or less a day, 80-100. oz of water a day and move your body 30 minutes a day.  Works like a charm 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

cancelsbronx
on 3/7/15 10:42 pm - Stamford, CT

Wow, thanks for the wake up call.  I copied and pasted your message so that I can print it out and have it by my frig.  I will start working on the basics right away.  ty so much for taking the time to respond to my post. 

Warm regards,

Santos 

Going2loseit2014
on 4/7/15 9:56 am

Thanks .....Determined to succeed !!

Most Active