Diet almost 5 months post op

Cheshire54
on 3/26/15 3:08 am

I had my sleeve done on 11/3/14 and I can't find info on what I should be taking in at this time.  60 grams of protein?  What about calories?  How much max should I be having in carbs and fat?  I have been on a plateau for a month and need a kick start.  Please help.

mmsmom
on 3/26/15 4:21 am - Woburn, MA

Do you see a nutritionist?  If so, you should seek guidance from them as they would work closely with your dr.  There are strategies all over the place on this board...some count fat, some don't, some count calories, etc.  I personally am of the count calories camp.  I tried to keep mine to 600 - 800 and 65 grams of protein.  I am not anti-carb, but they have to be good carbs, not junk.  Also, if you  have logged your food, go back to a time when you were losing and copy those days again.  Upping your movement helps too.  A 30 minute walk may only burn 120 calories, but I find it boosts weight loss and so many other things.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Cheshire54
on 3/27/15 1:13 am

WOW!  You have the same numbers on your tracker as me!  How long did it take you to reach your goal?

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 3/26/15 5:24 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

I can only give you information from my program and experience.

80 grams of protein per day

Between 600-800 calories per day

Carbs around 30 grams per day (this was not a recommendation by my surgeon's office, but was my decision to keep the weight loss going at a maximum rate)

64 ounces of water per day MINIMUM.  I shoot for 80-100 ounces still.

I never worried about fats.  I wasn't eating enough or the types of foods that would be problematic for fats.

You will find that your weight loss is more like a stair step over time.  Are you exercising at all?  Do you track what you're eating using an app like My Fitness Pal?  If you're following your program, the weight will eventually come off.  Hang in there.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Cheshire54
on 3/27/15 1:19 am

You are amazing!!!!  I am following the program but sometimes not eating enough.  I almost feel like I'm not on a program anymore though.  LOL  Water is still a huge problem for me and I just cannot drink that much!  I'm lucky if I drink 32 oz a day!  Proteins?  I'm trying to get in 60 grams but that also can be a problem.  I am walking, hiking, playing tennis, treadmill and I feel great.  I lost 50 lbs and thought I would like to get down to 125 but maybe that is unrealistic since I'm not a kid anymore.  My doc said I could expect to lose 60% of my excess weight from the sx and so far that is what I've done.  Maybe that roadblock is now in my head, I don't know, but I would like to see the scale at least move into another digit.

GoBlueGirl1998
on 3/26/15 12:31 pm - MI

Do you have a NUT?? All programs differ! I would be lost without my nutritionists guidance. Everyday my goal is 64 ounces of water and 70 grams of protein. My main focus are those two things. I keep my carbs very low and I don't count calories....only protein and carbs. My carbs are anywhere from 30 - 40. 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Cheshire54
on 3/27/15 1:12 am

I actually have been doing really well and feel great.  No more meds of any kind either!  I am way more active, playing tennis again and hiking and walking.  I just absolutely hate keeping track of everything I put in my mouth.  It makes me so angry that I just don't do it!  I've been better at getting my protein and water in.  Have had some carbs.  I've had a total of about 8 slices of low calorie whole wheat bread since October.  I don't eat cereal.  I have cheated with some snacks but really not enough to kick myself about.  We did go on vacation for 8 days and I didn't lose any weight during that time but I didn't gain either.  I did cheat on some items then.  Anyway, has anyone ever gone back to the liver shrinking diet to jump start weight loss again?  My NUT still hasn't gotten back to me!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views