Back to work on the puree phase of the diet

Queen_Q89
on 3/27/15 10:21 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

im a little over a month post sleeve and I just started back working. I am aprivate duty nurse and I work 12 hour shifts on the weekends. Im on the puree phase of my diet. Do you guys have any suggestions of things that I can eat while at work? I do not get a "lunch break" because I am doing direct patient care, but I do have some down time where I may be able to sneak in a quick meal. I only eat about 2 tablespoons anyway!

Ellie333
on 3/28/15 12:06 am - Canada

How about blending up some tuna or other canned meat, maybe yogurt or pureed canned soup (campbells chunky is pretty good in a pinch).  I am assuming you have a fridge and microwave, applesauce mixed with a little peanut butter, almond butter or cashew butter is not bad (sounds gross but it is actually pretty good).  My husband made some beef stew, chicken dinner and chili over the last few weeks and I just stole a little and blended it up.  I am also going back to work on pureed diet so I put a few things in the freezer but I have also heard of others who blended canned corn beef hash.  Unfortunately I cannot think of anything that you can "eat out of hand" at this phase, maybe others might be able to weigh in.  Good luck.

Ellie

Luvmygs
on 3/28/15 2:51 am
VSG on 12/04/14

I didn't do well during the puree stage. I didn't like the taste of pureed tuna, chicken or meatballs, YUCK! I went back to liquids, but I did buy my favorite Progresso soup (chicken noodle and potato bacon) and pureed in my bullet then strained. I also ate alot of sugar free pudding, apple sauce, smashed banana, cream of wheat, mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. Thank goodness I only had to be on puree for 2 weeks. Good luck.

Oneillch
on 3/28/15 3:28 am
VSG on 02/04/15

I couldn't wait to leave the pureed stage! I ate mostly pureed & strained soups, greek yogurt, ff cottage cheese,sf jello & oatmeal. My nutrtionist also suggested Stage 2 baby food & many on this site have raved about a baked ricotta dish. I also added a scoop of unflavored protein powder to my food (not the jello). 

Good luck with it!

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 3/28/15 3:40 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Greek yogurt.  Oikos has 15 grams of protein in 5.3 oz. 

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Most Active