Food addiction... 3 weeks out

Demonkarebear04
on 3/29/15 9:33 am

Has anyone discovered how bad their food addiction is since surgery? I went to a bridal shower today and I was absolutely devastated that I could not pig out at the buffet. I was actually in a bad mood because of it. 

How did everyone fight this mental addiction to food? I am terrified it is going to ruin me. I am so sick of food and craving is so badly all at once. I want cereal, and waffles, and of course I can't have these things... What can I do????

Jennifer G.
on 3/29/15 9:56 am

When I got like that I would eat a freeze pop. It really helped me out. Or I would get some sugar free pudding or jello. Trust me it's hard. But remember your doing this for your health when it starts getting bad go for a walk and get away from it. I listen to music or read a book. I did anything I could to stay busy and not focus on food like crazy.

Gastro sleeve 11/20/2014, Starting weight 299, Current weight 230.5 ,Goal weight 190 or less.   

Demonkarebear04
on 3/31/15 6:59 am

I tried this last night with a sugar free fudge pop. I felt 1,000 times better. I find it hard to focus on a book when my mind is on food. I wish I could reroute thoughts.

sds0029
on 3/29/15 10:02 am
VSG on 01/19/15 with

At 3wks out you have to control your environment.  Bring something you can eat.plan plan.  You will always have to analyze and make decisions.  You can do this.  

Demonkarebear04
on 3/31/15 7:00 am

This is where I need to think more. I definitely need to pack my own food. I was worried I would feel silly busting out a cheese stick at a party, but to avoid feeling that way I did that day, I'm all for it :-)

molfish62
on 3/29/15 10:49 am
VSG on 03/07/15

A couple times I've realized that I'm upset because what I would usually do is head out, drive around a bit & (of course) get some food. Ive tried to just acknowledge how I feel & go from there. When I'm dying for something sweet, I eat a piece of a protein bar or a sugar free popsicle.

Molly

VSG on 3/7/15. 

Add me on myfitnesspal: molfish6 

Demonkarebear04
on 3/31/15 7:01 am

I tried a protein bar today because I was really craving a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup... OMG they are soooo gross lol. I tried the pure protein, I think it may have been just too much on my belly. It felt like cement after only a few bites. The sugar free popsicles and fudge pops have been my saviors these past few days!!

piperboodog
on 3/29/15 11:27 am

I feel your pain. I had my surgery 3/23 and my brother got married on 3/28. I had to sit at a table surrounded by people with plates full of food. I was sitting there with my water.

I just kept telling myself that this is such a short period of time in my life and this will get easier. We are surrounded by food that's easy to get and it makes a food addiction so hard. Good luck with everything and remember that you are in charge!

Jennifer G.
on 3/29/15 11:47 am

Yes I agree. I got mine on November 20th and on thanksgiving day I had to sit there eating jello. It was horrible. 

Gastro sleeve 11/20/2014, Starting weight 299, Current weight 230.5 ,Goal weight 190 or less.   

Demonkarebear04
on 3/31/15 7:03 am

Those are awful times to have to work through a food addiction!! Holy cow!!! I have Easter coming up, but I have a game plan. I'm going to eat my protein before I get there, be sure that I've gotten my daily amount or close to, so if I choose to have a bite to eat, I can afford the bite of mashed potatoes or whatever I may choose. And my husband has agreed to make my plate so I am not able to overload. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views