Bathing suits!

MAchick
on 3/24/15 1:22 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I just wanted to share with others that I found a bathing suit bottom I really like at Old Navy. It's a high waisted bottom,  so it covers up the saggy part of my stomach and tucks it in. 

I paired it with a cute balconette top they sell and I feel good in it! I got them on sale about $10 each,  normally $17-20 I think. It gives the pinup look,  which I'm into. 

Just sharing because I imagine there are others who are looking for a bathing suit with a bit more coverage as well! 

PrayMore
on 3/24/15 1:47 am

Thanks so much! I'm going to check it out. Love Old Navy! 

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

robinreinhardt
on 3/24/15 5:12 am

Praymore,

Can you please help me? I'm crying as i am writing this to you. Have you prayed so much to get your weight down? I'm stuck at 214 since surgery on 12/15/14. Seem to sabotage myself. I've been praying all day today to get past it. What did you do to be so successful? Thank you for your help. Bless you,

Robin

PrayMore
on 3/24/15 8:50 am

Hi Robin!

I do pray - I'm Catholic. I had a struggle to get insurance approval for my surgery and I prayed a lot of novenas to St. Jude (saint of hopeless causes) and I pray the rosary a lot. Because of my faith, I try to keep God in all of my decisions and thoughts - requests and prayers of thanksgiving. I pray even more when things are out of my hands - when I'm dealing with things that I can't control.

I'm sorry that you've struggled. As for the weight loss since surgery, it's in YOUR CONTROL. I know there are many factors involved - emotional, eating disorders, stress, depression - that can cause you to sabotage your progress. I haven't needed to pray for this because I can control what I do to work this surgical tool that I have been given. My weight loss is SLOW, but I'm still doing all of the right things and exercising a lot  because my desire to lose weight was GREAT and my gratefulness in getting this gift is GREAT, too. Even when I have a bad day, feel discouraged or miss my old habits, I focus on the good. I focus on what I can do to help myself. And I thank God for allowing me this chance. 

I can't tell you how to pray. It's such a personal thing. But I can hear your despair. Pray to ask God WHY you aren't doing well - what are the actions that you can take to help yourself? Pray to ask God to reveal to you the reasons and maybe it's because you aren't doing all that you can, Maybe you need to see a therapist for depression or for an eating disorder? Maybe you need to visit with a nutritionist to determine what poor choices you are making. If you dig deep - and even use prayer - to get to the bottom of it, you may find that you aren't working the program like you need to have success.

Surgery was just a tool. It's hard work. And it isn't always easy. Pray to God for strength to help you use this tool, don't waste this chance.

Best wishes to you, I hope you can get the help that you need! I'll say a prayer for you, Robin.

God bless you.

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

robinreinhardt
on 3/24/15 9:21 am

Bless your heart! Thank you so much for your answers. It gave me so much insight. I will continue to get down on my knees and pray. Especially to make the right choices when I eat. It's a daily chore. Thank you again. I'll always save what you wrote to me. It meant a lot.

Robin

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/24/15 10:47 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Prayer is great, but hard work is important too. Track your food, get all of your water and protein in, and make sure you're moving every day. Start writing things down and keeping yourself accountable, and pray for patience and perseverance to stick to your plan!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

momsy55
on 3/24/15 1:53 am - ME

Good for you!  My two-piece days are long gone. LOL  Though, come to think of it, as I have been heavy since I was pre-teen, with just a few nanoseconds of being in range of a normal size, so I never had two piece days.  Oh well, no big deal.  I am still much more comfortable wearing a bathing suit now, even with my large, wrinkly bat wings and my jiggling thighs.  They are my battle scars.  I'm so happy for you younger folks - please post pic!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

MAchick
on 3/24/15 2:01 am
VSG on 01/27/14

It's a strange feeling because I never wore two pieces, even as a teen or anything. I've always been at least chubby and never felt comfortable. I used to wear huge t-shirts over my suits when I was younger.

Now, I think I've bought like 4 suits already this season! I don't look perfect, but I feel good. I don't care if I'm wrinkly, jiggly, bulging, etc!

robinreinhardt
on 3/24/15 5:23 am

MAchick,

Way to go! You must be thrilled. 4 suits, thats awesome. I can't wait to get a new swim suit perhaps next year. Love old navy! 

Robin

Tracy D.
on 3/24/15 2:34 am, edited 3/24/15 2:34 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Good deal - my problem with all regular bathing suit bottoms is that my excess tummy skins hangs out the leg holes   I get around that problem by wearing board shorts with a tankini top.  But someday (post-plastics) I look forward to buying a regular suit! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views