3day post op

VSGjohn23
on 3/25/15 9:13 am

Well I made it through 3 days post op. Never thought about the adnominal pain & bruising, before going in but I sure feel it now. Hard to eat anything. No appetite at all. Glad to finally make it home. Need to find good puree recipes.

piperboodog
on 3/25/15 10:02 am

I'm also 3 days post op and experiencing some of the same things you are. I got home from the hospital today around 1. I'm on a liquid diet for the next 2 weeks and then move to pureed so if you discover anything good let me know. Good luck!

gwen41539
on 3/25/15 10:36 am - kimper, KY

Hi there hope.your both feeling great.soon just wanted.to.say hello :) I can't wait till June so I can be where you are now :)

HW 381/ pre op 345 /SW 312 Vsg 7/13/15 /CW 288

M1-24 lbs

jackfre
on 3/25/15 10:40 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

Congrats!!! 

Jackie

PrayMore
on 3/25/15 10:46 am

It gets better every day! Hang in there! Herbal teas, like chamomile, are great right now. Helps get the fluids in! Persevere - this time will pass quickly and will feel like a distant memory soon! Congrats and best wishes!

5'6", VSG on Dec. 2

TeressaJ
on 3/25/15 11:06 am

It really does get better daily! I couldn't have puree for 2 months! Liquids only, so I made orange spicey tea, the kind I drink when I'm sick and it really did the trick helping me get through. Of course, add protein to everything or drink a bottle of Isopure each day! Congratulations!

Rich_Vsg
on 3/25/15 11:40 am
VSG on 03/23/15

I'm on my 3rd day post op also I been having a little problem with liquids but it is getting better..

psychoticparrot
on 3/26/15 2:29 am

Sometimes, in the singing of the sleeve's praises (which are well deserved), those first few weeks of recovery don't always get the attention they deserve. Those weeks are hard, even if you have no complications. There may be pain and nausea. You and your new stomach are still strangers, and making friends with it can be fraught with mistakes, mostly in the form of eating just a bit too much or drinking too little. You will almost certainly have moments when you wonder if you made the right decision to have the surgery.

It's a difficult time, but fortunately a relatively short time. At 4-6 weeks post-op, you sort of turn the corner and, with the permission from the doc to eat "regular" food, things start to smooth out and you develop a routine that works for you and your sleeve.

Good luck on your journey.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views