One day until surgery!

Kara D.
on 3/31/15 8:50 pm
VSG on 03/02/15

I am on my way to Cleveland Clinic for my day of pre-op paperwork, surgeon meeting and bloodwork. It looks to be a busy day. I will know later today what time I report for surgery tomorrow. I am feeling really good this morning. I figure the nerves will hit in the morning, but for now I am confortable.

I am comfortable with my decision to have the sleeve and I believe it will be a new tool to get me to a healthier me. On my pre-op diet my husband has lost weight also. This is a good decision for both of us.

Thank you for listening and any advice or words of encouragement you can provide. Positive thoughts and prayer are appreciated.

Kara D.

HW 303, pre op diet 284  CW 278

Bbinder2002
on 3/31/15 10:41 pm

I was sleeved one week ago.  I was nervous when I got to hospital.  Ask them to give you something to relax you.  Things went great for me.  My advice would be to start walking as soon as you can after surgery.  That really helped me recover quicker while I was in hospital.  You will do great!

psychoticparrot
on 4/1/15 11:32 am

My advice -- be very forgiving of yourself the first 4 weeks after surgery. Some people just sail through this time, but for me and I'm sure for others, it was very difficult. The surgery and anesthesia can take the starch right out of you -- I couldn't believe how weak I was. I had complications (dehydration and kidney infection) that knocked me back even further. 

My point is that it may take some time (for me, 6 weeks) before you feel like yourself again. Take the best possible care of yourself to avoid complications and speed recovery. Good luck.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Chilipepper
on 4/1/15 11:37 am

Yay.  Good luck to you!!

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views