Any Patients ofDr. Amson's getting surgery this month???

MyTurn2012
on 4/1/15 3:34 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

FINALLY after 3.5 years I have a date! April 24th..sooooooo excited..started preop diet today!

Hoping to connect with others having their surgery in Victoria BC!

Smoochie70
on 4/2/15 5:29 am - Canada

Iam with Dr. Malik here in Victoria. I had my orientation yesterday. Still very new to the process. So excited for you. Hope we can chat some more. Iam looking for more people from this area too. Victoria really need a support group. 

MyTurn2012
on 4/2/15 12:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 04/24/15

Hi...I'm surprised there isn't a support group in Victoria?? I'm up Island in Parksville..there is a group in Nanaimo though.  Read everything you can about the surgery, also I highly recommend a book by Dr. Gabor Mate' " In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts". Use My Fitness Pal, and start trying to get the 8 glasses of water in a day. Malik really wants to see you trying to lose weight before the surgery...he doesn't expect massive amounts...but an effort. My friend had her surgery done by him.  He can be abrupt...but he wants his patients prepared and committed to the process.  The waiting is hard..but will be worth it in the end. :-)

Smoochie70
on 4/3/15 8:37 am - Canada

i have read a few books already. Iam totally going to get "In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts" I have heard that is really good. I have started using my fitness pal already.  I have lost 8 lbs since i saw him in December. I know that isnt alot but it is a start. I have heard Malik can be abrupt. That is ok. Unless he is an ass. lol.  I already drink lots of water so that wont be a problem. So i have made some progress. THanks for the reply. Good Luck on your journey.

Pearsonstudio
on 4/5/15 2:04 pm - Canada

I have surgery on the 9th with Dr Malik. I'm from the okanagan. I really appreciate this forum. As prepared as I feel, there is always that nerve flutter. 3 more days of glucerna!

Smoochie70
on 4/6/15 3:02 am - Canada

Wow. surgery in 3 days. That is exciting. I would be getting nervous too. I love the Okanagan.  I was born in the Kootenays. Do you like Dr. Mailk? I have only seen him once so far. 

Pearsonstudio
on 4/6/15 10:15 am - Canada

I only saw Dr. Malik once but like his straight forward attitude. I then had to go through all the tests, then saw Carla, Dr. Zentner, Carla again, did the orientation and here is my surgery. I was a lost in the paperwork of Dr. Tang before he quit. I've lost 43 pounds since my highest weight of 250. I greatly dislike glucerna :)

Most Active