SOME NSV AND SV UPDATE

psren13
on 4/1/15 1:57 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

I had my "sleeve" 3 weeks ago today...Since the beginning of my journey in January I have lost about 31 lbs.  Since surgery about 21lbs.  Yay me.. Considering my age that's not a bad start.  I have gotten the restriction and it definitely does not feel good when you hit it.  I have not thrown up at all but have felt the nausea and tightness in my chest.  I need to remember that I don't need to finish my morning protein shake all at once, that's too much for my now tiny stomach.  I haven't gotten a routine down yet to get all the fluids and all the proteins in during the day while trying to get some calories in.  Carbs are doing pretty good.  Overall I feel ok,  just tired all the time.  I am taking my vitamins and calcium and B12.  Rarely any caffeine.  Looking back to a year ago, I have lost 51lbs overall.  I noticed this morning that I am walking better without panting or sweating.  Oh, speaking of, I notice I do get colder now.  And my nose starts to run when I get full.  I do measure and weigh my foods.  Just a quick update.   Hope y'all have a beautiful happy day.   Pam

Joanna B
on 4/1/15 2:07 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

YAY! Congratulations! Sounds like you are doing great!!!

I am also 3 weeks out (as of tomorrow) and have stalled. Grrr. My weight is not moving at all, and its been a week....Did you experience any stalls with your weight loss? 

psren13
on 4/1/15 2:22 am - NC
VSG on 03/11/15

Yes I did.  A little over 2 weeks out my weight bounced between 220.2 and 221.8 for several days.  It made me stop and re-evaluate any eating or drinking changes and of course second guess myself, "is this it?"  And then a couple of days ago, it started moving again.  I think it is just our bodies doing their own thing re-adjusting for the new little stomach and different eating and realizing we are not going into starvation mode, that this is the new us.  We will have many stalls but keep at it, it will work.  We are new at this and have to learn how to best use our new tool.  Everyone on the boards has been here, done this, survived, and progressed and have bunches of great advice.  Good luck and hang in there.  I feel great, don't you?  It just gets better from here.  Pam

Joanna B
on 4/1/15 4:07 am - MI
VSG on 03/12/15

Thanks Pam! It is discouraging when the scale doesn't move for a week. I also have said to my self "is this it!?!" :) I'm just keeping up with my water intake and measuring everything though :) I am still in a lot of pain so moving around is a little hard for me. Maybe this could be another reason for the stall...

Thanks again!!

Most Active