band removed sleeve installed

dartymaria
on 4/11/15 7:50 am - Ypsilanti, MI

I will be having my band removed and a sleeve  put in.  Has anyone else had this done and what is the results?

hollykim
on 4/11/15 8:28 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On April 11, 2015 at 2:50 PM Pacific Time, dartymaria wrote:

I will be having my band removed and a sleeve  put in.  Has anyone else had this done and what is the results?

you do realize that with a sleeve there is nothing to "install". They will be removing 85% of your original stomach and fashioning the sleeve from what is left. 

dartymaria
on 4/11/15 8:43 am - Ypsilanti, MI

Yes I guess I used the wrong term.  I am well aware of what the sleeve surgery consist of.  I am so worried about the band being removed and the sleeve surgery and the pain issues since I am having both at the same time.  I have only been on this sight for one day but reading everything that I can to help me be a success with the sleeve.  I had my band surgery in 2006 lost 104 pounds.  My band has slipped and my Dr. said that he would prefer to take the band out and give me the sleeve surgery.  I am very excited as since my band slipped I have gained 25 lbs of my 104.  I am reading others success story's and problems getting water and protein down, constipation, etc... to help me in the near future. I loved my band I hope I have the same feeling about the sleeve.

Maggie58
on 4/11/15 7:02 pm

Congrats and best wishes. This site is very helpful, or should I say the people are!

I have just come back after a couple of years, I need the support. I haven't set up my avatar  yet. I'll be posting pictures.

I was "sleeved". (Not a revision). In July of 2012. Best thing I could have done. Healthy Happy and moving.lost 130 lbs. pre and post op.

you will do great. It takes a bit to get the rhythm of the eating.once you are off liquid postoperative diet,and you are on more solid foods, Get the protein down then get tha****er in after you've digested. Do not drink while eating. Otherwise it will be very uncomfortable. The restriction really works but needs to be managed.

You can do it! Sticking to a schedule And logging really helps. Watch the carbs. A lot of the bariatric foods and shakes, have a lot of carbs. There are a lot of low and no carb choices.

I noticed the weight creeping back up.(10lbs) so getting back to my post operative routine of 60-100 grams protein(2 -no carb -40gr protein Isopure shakes) and some solid l/f protein. Lots of veggies. 100 oz water a day.

keep me posted if you need help. 

Maggie

lianna
on 4/11/15 1:10 pm - South, TX
VSG on 03/09/15 with

I had my band removed and had the Sleeve surgery 5 months later.  I had a very easy recovery and have no regrets.  There a lot of band to sleeve revisions... everyone I know is very happy with the surgery and the weight loss. 

Lianna   lapband 2005, removed 2014.  VSG 3/9/15

psychoticparrot
on 4/11/15 1:13 pm

Hi, dartymaria,

I had the band-to-sleeve revision done in February. I had almost no pain; just some twinging from the incisions. My biggest problem was nausea, but I don't know if that was a result from the more extensive surgery. If you have pain, they will give you some mighty fine liquid painkillers to take home with you. If, after a week or so, you experience significant nausea that prevents your taking in enough liquids, call your surgeon and ask for anti-nausea medication. You risk serious dehydration if you can't drink enough liquids, and serious dehydration means taking a ride to your nearest ER. Not fun.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

philly2dc
on 4/13/15 5:02 am

I had my band removed and was sleeved on 3/25/14 and I am doing well. I am going to start the gym next week and I know I will start really see results. Best decision. Good Luck

Most Active