Surgical clearance Questions

Donna L.
on 4/17/15 1:26 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Thanks everyone for prior feedback, first off!

I had some questions about surgical clearance.  My insurance does not require a cardiology, etc. range of tests.  The surgeon requires several, which I understand is customary.  What happens if you cannot get cleared for surgery?  Is it "negotiable" with the surgeon if its not an insurance requirement?  Obviously, I want to be safe for sure!  I am just wondering what winds up happening.'

Thank you in advance!

mickeymantle
on 4/17/15 3:30 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

if you fail a pre op test your surgery will probably be postponed, or canceled till the problem is solved 

no decent surgeon will operate if you fail a cardiology test till the cardiologist ok s it

if you fail a blood test you will need to see a hematologist for ok I needed to see one twice to get an ok

most heavy weight s will show funny waves on an ekg and will need to do a stress test

it is safer and smarter to get tested to make shore you in good enough shape to survive surgery

last year a patient went to Mexico and did not inform the surgeon of a health problem and died on the table , this was a very good surgeon that would not have done the surgery aat that time if he know about the problem

sometimes it is just necessary for them to know about a problem to be prepared to deal with it if it comes up

they found a clotting problem during my pre op tests and the hematologist required blood thinners during and 1 month after surgery to prevent blood clotts from forming 

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Meghan704
on 4/18/15 4:33 am
VSG on 06/16/15

What health problem did the patient who went to Mexico have that they died on the table?

Donna L.
on 4/19/15 7:01 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

It is frustrating and I am worried about not being cleared...but I will take it as it comes.  Thank you!

mickeymantle
on 4/18/15 8:20 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I don't remember but someone on this site probably does

but the thing is never lie to your doctor

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Most Active